• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IM: Brillo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    Then the important and hardest bit, 15min sauna and steam room without farting!
    FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Walking briskly away from cakes, choc's, pies, pasties and other fattening foods is always a good way to start.
      Personally if losing weight I prefer to avoid the carbs rather than fat.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        I do try but my left knee is f*cked off to see the quack tomorrow hope he doesn't recommend
        Personally I find cycling supports the knee. I believe you were thinking of this? Good luck and please keep us informed.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Personally if losing weight I prefer to avoid the carbs rather than fat.
          Yes, that's why I was thinking of going for direct injection

Do you see what I did there?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
            Yes, that's why I was thinking of going for direct injection

Do you see what I did there?
            You told everyone you "like cock"?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              You told everyone you "like cock"?

I see what you did there
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

this will get you fit.. or kill you!

Tough Mudder - Probably the Toughest Event on the Planet

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Try doing sprint intervals for the running/cycling. It really pushes your cardio system:

Interval Training | LIVESTRONG.COM

How To Do Sprinting Intervals On A Treadmill | LIVESTRONG.COM

Six sessions of sprint interval training increases muscle oxidative potential and cycle endurance capacity in humans

I do a minute on full sprint (18kph) then a minute walking (4kph) repeated 5 times. Took me 2 months of 1 gym session a week to go from 14kph up to 18

and make sure you do plenty of squats with those weights!
                  So, from what you are saying, I should put my c2-5k on hold (currently doing 2k straight run in 13min 23sec, due to increase to 3km this based on a plan I have) and do 2-3 weeks of sprint training? Ditto for the bike? i.e. all the plans i have are about exercising for a time period, which then increases, as Im starting from scratch.

Reading those articles etc it seems better for me to do sprint training for 2-3 weeks and then do a couple of weeks normal program to build up the distance? Make sense? or should 1 session of the 3 a week be sprint based?

This morning, I managed a reasonable 7.4km bike (15min) 2km run (13:24) and 200m swim (I'm tulip at swimming...) plus usual upper body weight routine (strengthening shoulder!). Not bad for a 1st day, and I dont feel too bad now.
                  I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                    This morning, I managed a reasonable 7.4km bike (15min) 2km run (13:24) and 200m swim (I'm tulip at swimming...) plus usual upper body weight routine (strengthening shoulder!). Not bad for a 1st day, and I dont feel too bad now.

I bet you feel brilliant!

Just remember your body never wants to start exercising. But once you get going it is superb!

I was really really rubbish at swimming. Following a few lessons I have upgraded to merely rubbish.

Comment

Can either of you recommend an online training log? Asics only do running...
                      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
                      X