• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irritating colleagues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    He's a very nice fella. Nothings been fixed. He's just repackaged the stuff. He's the other guy who's been hired and in theory I'm reporting into him as he's taken a directors role. He's a bit of a workaholic & I think he thinks he's being helpful. He also feels he should be 'delivering more'. He's only been there 3 weeks

So bearing in mind I hold the Project Plan & we agreed who was doing what last week, plus I am not going to do the weekends (like he feels he should do and can do as he has no kids) then he needs to ensure that he's not doing the work I'm doing & should ask me to modify my work accordingly. It's the problem with me deciding to stay as a contractor and not take the perm offer.
    just sounds young, insecure and a bit dim

did he come from one of the consultancy houses, thats usually their trick

Comment

Bring it up over a coffee. Nip it in the bud though or it'll get out of hand.

or, just punch him in the face next time.

Comment

Seen that on projects, everyone desperate to be 'adding value' so love to churn out a doc or 50 to justify existence. Sounds like a quiet word needed but the chap probably thinks he is improving a subordinates output so don't expect a medal for talking to him.
        Smile......wave.....invoice.....

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          He's a very nice fella.
          I never trust nice people. Or those who pretend to be thicker than they are. They usually have a hidden agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I never trust nice people. Or those who pretend to be thicker than they are. They usually have a hidden agenda.
            Agreed. Everybody thinks I'm a right miserable C**t but I'm trustworthy! (ish)
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I think I fall into both of those buckets.. I don't have an agenda, unless its hidden from me too.

Comment

Working...
              X