• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking meeting notes / tracking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take a pillow and blanket as whatever is said is basically bollocks by people who have no idea and just go ahead and do my thing afterwards which turns out to be what they wanted anyway.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Massive cultural difference between US and the UK. Those guys love meetings. They're meeting mad. The extra hours they work are to make up for the meeting suck & at the end of them no-one has taken any actions, so when they meet up again no-one has done anything.

So far I've built out a detailed project plan / tasks, with over 200 individual actions & I'm only half way through my notes.

I need a smarter way to work on this one though.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Record and transcribe. Then you also have the actual recording when someone says, no, I didn't actually say that, and you then say, really? Listen to this...

Taking notes is for secretaries...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Massive cultural difference between US and the UK. Those guys love meetings. They're meeting mad. The extra hours they work are to make up for the meeting suck & at the end of them no-one has taken any actions, so when they meet up again no-one has done anything.

So far I've built out a detailed project plan / tasks, with over 200 individual actions & I'm only half way through my notes.

I need to be smarter to work on this one though.
          FTFY

Comment

Working...
          X