• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finance experience needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I know all I need to know, and that's probably a lot more than you.

Keep chasing the £85.
    Get f**d , I'm a consultant on one of the major vendor package trading systems, and I've been at it a long time... If you are IT in banking , it's more than likely I earn a lot more than you x x x

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
      Get f**d , I'm a consultant on one of the major vendor package trading systems, and I've been at it a long time... If you are IT in banking , it's more than likely I earn a lot more than you x x x
      IT in banking? Not even close.

Hey son, I'm good enough to be able to work from my nice cosy office in Manchester while you lot are at the traders/brokers beck and call.

Keep chasing your £85.

Comment

Spod can dribble on about nice offices in Manchester all he wants the reality is that banks will not take him on without a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Spod can dribble on about nice offices in Manchester all he wants the reality is that banks will not take him on without a degree.
          Really?

Ah, ok.

You'd better not tell Barclays, or HBoS, or NAG.

Oh and the LSE, NYSE, BVC, JSE, CME, BT Financial Services, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters are all likely to have a sh!t-fit when they find out that one of their prime suppliers doesn't have a degree.

Btw, anyone else here "worked" for a "bank" (Retail or Investment) and they don't have a degree?

Just asking like, 'cos it seems that Minestrone is trying to make a point and I'm f*cked if I can work out what it is. TBH, as he made his post at 21:15 he's probably pissed out of his tiny brain so he's unlikely to know either.

Spod - In "Permy and Proud" mode!
          Last edited by SupremeSpod; 14 June 2012, 06:33.

Comment

If you are facing the business financial knowledge is more or less essential otherwise they will catch you out, object this fact that you are lacking knowledge to someone in privacy behind your back and try and get you kicked out of the bank.

Its the way it goes unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
              If you are facing the business financial knowledge is more or less essential otherwise they will catch you out, object this fact that you are lacking knowledge to someone in privacy behind your back and try and get you kicked out of the bank.

Its the way it goes unfortunately.
              What he says. Be positive, never negative. Admit nothing.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Btw, anyone else here "worked" for a "bank" (Retail or Investment) and they don't have a degree?
                Me!

I've been working in IB for over 20 years and I've only got O levels in Maths and English. I preferred playing snooker, girls and beer to school (and still do).
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Which is why this hallowed forum is such good practice.
                  yes. every time someone has a pop at me and I go for a good cry I think "this is great practice for when I finally get that elusive city contract".

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Me!

I've been working in IB for over 20 years and I've only got O levels in Maths and English. I preferred playing snooker, girls and beer to school (and still do).
                    Maybe if you have done better at school you might have got into a hedge fund.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Maybe if you have done better at school you might have got into a hedge fund.
                      You mean worse shirley?
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X