• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trees in my garden, post burglary.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my view, as another "burglee" , its not going to make a jot of difference - the CCTV will show someone with their face obscured.

If your neighbours are anything like the ones I've had over the past 4 or 5 years in the UK ; they won't even report it if they do see anything , for fear of reprisal.

We had someone throw a lead pole through our front window on a terraced street in the middle of the day , and load up a van. Ok, we'd just moved in about a week before - but if we had been in the room that was breached we could have been seriously hurt by the projectile.

No one, on a street of 30+ houses did anything.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Why provide them with weaponry?
      You don't put petrol in it you dummy, or batteries if it's electric - but as soon as they put on the hockey mask and take the chainsaw you'll be able to defend yourself properly with that long range sniper rifle from a mile away.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
        No one, on a street of 30+ houses did anything.

Were you part of the dog tulip police too? It doesn't surprise me that they guy who wants cctv to spy on his neighbours had no one come forward to help. They probably still laugh about it now.

Comment

That's completely lost on me, do you have me confused with someone else?

Comment

Partly to do with personal reassurance as well, and no I'm not planning all my evenings looking for dog owners leaving their pets tulip on the pavement.

Now ordered POE+ switch and 4 nice 1080p IR cameras, being a bit of a geek will bring some techy enjoyment too, setting it up.

Hopefully it'll deter the scum too, and if not the built in Tazer should do the trick . If only.
            Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
              Partly to do with personal reassurance as well, and no I'm not planning all my evenings looking for dog owners leaving their pets tulip on the pavement.

Now ordered POE+ switch and 4 nice 1080p IR cameras, being a bit of a geek will bring some techy enjoyment too, setting it up.

Hopefully it'll deter the scum too, and if not the built in Tazer should do the trick . If only.
              Absolutely make sure it whirrs and follows movement, blinking lights are good, scary because you wonder whether it's a silent alarm. I know someone who just left on a red led in his car blinking. No alarm at all, cost a few pence down at the electronic shop.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
              X