• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good investment opportunities in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    Germany will end up insuring the debt
    Not sure the German voter will go for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      No. It's because, unlike the UK, Spain and Italy debt is high risk. People won't lend them money unless they get a higher return to cover that risk.
      And UK bonds are low risk because Govt has shown willingness to print money to make up for lack of demand (which causes inflation of course so everybody in UK pays for it rather than Govt that borrows money)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        And UK bonds are low risk because Govt has shown willingness to print money to make up for lack of demand (which causes inflation of course so everybody in UK pays for it rather than Govt that borrows money)
        Whatever AtW. You were wrong, I put you right with a fact, so you've simply changed the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Whatever AtW. You were wrong, I put you right with a fact, so you've simply changed the subject.
          Fact?

The only fact is actual high yields on those bonds, what you've given is your explanation of why it happens.

Both mine and yours are correct - yields are high because of lower demand and those who put bids in want higher %-tage, on the other hand (unlike UK) they can't print money to make up for it hence they ended up with high interest rates.

Comment

Working...
          X