• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop Decisions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Because on paper, the Mac Book Air seems to be head and shoulders above the competition.
    It doesn't make any sense basing your decision on specs that look good on paper.

Luckily the MBA is head and shoulders above the competition in reality too. And yes, it runs Windows if you want it to (either natively or in a VM), although Microsoft make Office for Mac.

Comment

My T61p ThinkPad has lasted me nearly 5 years. I'll probably pick up a T530 or W530 on my travels later in the year to replace it as my main machine. I may get one of those convertible tablets with a keyboard in the new year.

As for Macs I've never really seen the point in getting one as I don't need to use OSX for anything and IBM/Lenovo have been excellent with their on site support for my two TPs for the past 10 years. Also not that fussed about looks - I like the TP Bento box look
      Last edited by redgiant; 11 June 2012, 20:11.

Comment

I have been more than satisfied with my Mac Book Pro over the year and a half that I have owned it. Its a seriously better piece of kit than any laptop I have ever owned. They will run windows as well so you can remain office friendly without faffing about with 2011. I am tempted to go for a mac book Air for wandering round site and leaving my pro on my desk. Horses for courses... But I would never waist my money on another brand again.

Comment

Working...
        X