• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What water shortage!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    the other half can be on the other side of the road passing back the empty buckets.
    You mean women, children and elderly standing there since empty buckets are lighter?

Comment

A village in Gwynedd is being evacuated over concerns about a flood risk at a reservoir's dam.
      BBC News - 600 villagers moved from Pennal, Gwynedd in flood precaution
      Hosepipe use should be made mandatory.

Comment

I went to Angelsey on Friday and Sat. I can confirm it was wetter that a wet thing, sat in a bath, with the shower on. Canoe was used to go shopping. This after the week of rain in Cornwall. I cannot wait to get over to Royan in August...

Comment

It's wet back here isn't it.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
            I went to Angelsey on Friday and Sat. I can confirm it was wetter that a wet thing, sat in a bath, with the shower on. Canoe was used to go shopping. This after the week of rain in Cornwall. I cannot wait to get over to Royan in August...
            Bullsh!t.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Bullsh!t.
              Ah, the permie posting on a contractor site thinks it wasn't raining in Angelsey.

You couldn't be a bigger if you tried could you.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Ah, the permie posting on a contractor site thinks it wasn't raining in Angelsey.

You couldn't be a bigger if you tried could you.
                I know very well that it was raining on Anglesey, my Mother lives there. I also know that there wasn't any flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                  I know very well that it was raining on Anglesey, my Mother lives there. I also know that there wasn't any flooding.
                  AH, so you didn't think, perchance, that it was an exageration, used as a jovial way to explain how much it was raining? I mean, everything has to be taken literally does it? If it was flooding, I wouldn't be using the canoe to get to the shops, I would be floating to it in my motorhome.

Nope, still couldn't be a bigger if you tried.

Permie

Comment

Working...
                  X