• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Of to Download this evening.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I'm going to be leaving work at 4 and then driving from North Greenwich. What is the best way to the M1 from there (hoping for a little local advice). I figured just get to the M25 at Dartford rather than trying to navigate the A roads. My estimate is that I should get to donnington for about....er....Saturday!
    Blackwall Tunnel, A12, M11, M25 would be my choice. IANASATNAV. Also I'd leave earlier than that.

Comment

Enjoy the festival and good luck with the weather! I'm off in 4 weeks to a festival in Spain, looking forward to that!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
        Blackwall Tunnel, A12, M11, M25 would be my choice. IANASATNAV. Also I'd leave earlier than that.
        Thanks for that. That was the route the sat nav was suggesting but I wasn't sure what the congesstion would be like, but I suppose it takes a good number of miles out of the drive. Unfortunately I can't leave earlier due to work and also down to the fact that I'm a tight fisted get (not doing a half day!)
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Normally I'd expect congestion in both pipes (Blackwall & Dartford) but it's half term so it shouldn't be too painful today.

Comment

Travel was ok - a bit of a mare at the bottom of the M1 as I'd expected but nothing too bad. The problems were at the festival end. It had been raining earlier in the week and most of the car parks were in fields. These quickly turn to mud when you add a few thousand cars. When my wife went, from leaving home to getting to the site it took her over 6 hours. The traffic was murder. By the time I turned up the traffic was ok. But, while looking for a particular car park, one that I knew was tarmac, I ended up going into a different one by mistake. I was on a 1 way only route into a swamp. Mondeo's do not do off roading and I had to wait for the AA who had 1 bloke on site dealing with tons of customers. Yet the loons on the gate were still happily admitting more cars into a space that they could see was fast becomming a car swamp, with cars stuck everywhere.

Leaving the festival was even better. I left half way through Sabbaths set at about 10pm. I got to greenwich, a good 2 hour drive at a little past 5. Almost 4 hours was taken with getting off the car park!
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
            X