• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private Message FAO: Milan Benes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    This clay pot, can't imagine a plant pot is particularly heat proof.

What sort of pot am I after?
    What, Clay that's been in a kiln at about 400 degrees?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      You've never been to one of Pach's barbecues. They're hot stuff

Comment

Just because its been fired doesn't mean its heat proof. That's why some crockery is labelled oven proof and other stuff isn't.

Comment

Just because its been fired doesn't mean its heat proof. That's why some crockery is labelled oven proof and other stuff isn't.
          Apologies for being flipant.

We bought clay from an arts and craft store and used that. Seems perfect.

Comment

Apologies for being flipant.

We bought clay from an arts and craft store and used that. Seems perfect.
            So I could buy some clay and my makeshift rotating donner kebab device could double as a potter's wheel on which I could turn the pot. Perfect.

Comment

So I could buy some clay and my makeshift rotating donner kebab device could double as a potter's wheel on which I could turn the pot. Perfect.
              Or put a big ass pile of sand on top of some paving slabs and make it a round shape and put the clay on that. Then when it's dry, you can remove the sand, light a fire in there and cure the clay.

Or something like that.

Sorry, I was thinking you wanted a bread oven.

Comment

Or put a big ass pile of sand on top of some paving slabs and make it a round shape and put the clay on that. Then when it's dry, you can remove the sand, light a fire in there and cure the clay.

Or something like that.

Sorry, I was thinking you wanted a bread oven.
                Yes I do. Did you make a lid for it too?

Comment

Working...
                X