• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

George Osborne demands massive cuts to windfarm subsidies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting an M.Sc. in Sustainable Energy next year. Plan B has started, incorporating parts of Plan A.

I have a great deal of interest in the area. I firmly believe that being beholden to other nations, for our power, is folly.

I do, however, love the irony of Nimbyism

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Starting an M.Sc. in Sustainable Energy next year. Plan B has started, incorporating parts of Plan A.

I have a great deal of interest in the area. I firmly believe that being beholden to other nations, for our power, is folly.

I do, however, love the irony of Nimbyism
      Agreed

and good luck on the M.Sc
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        Agreed

and good luck on the M.Sc
        Thanks.

Are you involved in the building of onshore, or offshore? I guess your name indicates the latter, or are you more holistically involved in it all?

Comment

Diver - question on the subsidies you quote for windfarms - do they cover the ongoing energy price subsidy (ROCs?) or is it just the subsidies to build?

And I have 12+ years experience in the power generation industry - I'm sure people can guess the main area from my username!
          Beer
          is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
            Diver - question on the subsidies you quote for windfarms - do they cover the ongoing energy price subsidy (ROCs?) or is it just the subsidies to build?

And I have 12+ years experience in the power generation industry - I'm sure people can guess the main area from my username!
            Do you drive a lorry with sooty sacks?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Thats a bit personal, although I know mine get a bit sweaty

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                Thats a bit personal, although I know mine get a bit sweaty
                Beer
                is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X