• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Food Prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    High price is bad thing but I don't like the fact that only advertisers are allowed to sell their tulip.
    Not only that but the logos on the toilets, sink and hand dryers have to be covered up, all advertising hoardings within specific Olympic zones have to be covered to.

They're even covering the Brains bridge FFS!!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Not only that but the logos on the toilets, sink and hand dryers have to be covered up, all advertising hoardings within specific Olympic zones have to be covered to.
      How the heck this is even legal?

Might boycott gymnastics final because of horrible treatment established brands such as Pepsi-Cola, Mastercard are being treated.

Comment

Another classic piece of bullshit: from the Wail. You can only take stuff in that will fit comfortably under your seat, so if you want a family picnic split it up and take a small rucksack each.
        Take an empty water bottle and fill it up at the venue for free.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          So what do these things you name 'beer' and 'jacket potatoes' usually cost?

Is this what poor people eat?

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I think the mention of 100ml liquid limit suggests it may be somewhat limited.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I think the mention of 100ml liquid limit suggests it may be somewhat limited.
              No mention of an upper limit to the number of 100ml bottles allowed though?

Not sure I'd fancy the chances of the free water dispensers working properly, or it being practical to fill a bottle with a 1000 thirsty people queuing behind, foreign queuing style. Doubt I'd be keen to queue up for a jacket potato either. The whole thing sounds awful.

Comment

I was at the World Cup here in Germany and you could only get the official sponsors stuff as well although the prices were a lot cheaper. It was rather stupid as you're in one of the great beer producing nations of the world and the official beer was (American) Budweiser! Outside the stadiums though it was a different matter, there were numerous stands selling decent beer and wurst...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Highest rated comment in the Daily Mail (by far):
                  Anyone stupid enough to buy tickets to watch this dross deserves to be fleeced

Read more: London 2012 Olympics: Sports fans charged £13 for pint of beer and jacket potato | Mail Online
                  600 votes.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    High price is bad thing but I don't like the fact that only advertisers are allowed to sell their tulip.
                    The Euro footie championships were in Germany guess who got the franchise for food and beer?

Maccie D and some Yank brewer.

In the land of sausage and good beers it made me weep.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                      The Euro footie championships were in Germany guess who got the franchise for food and beer?

Maccie D and some Yank brewer.

In the land of sausage and good beers it made me weep.
                      World Cup, see 2 posts above...KUATB
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X