• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Spain in state of total emergency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    No its not. HTH, BIDI.


    How do you explain that then?

    Look how fast it's growing. The 2013 and 2014 are projections that are dependent on deficit being cut.

    ...and the figure is the UK governments measure that excludes the banking bail out, but which needs to be added in if you want to compare.

    Now if you assume the debt level of 80% and debt continues to grow as fast as it has done over the last 3 years ......"pop"
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 June 2012, 10:49.
    I'm alright Jack

    Comment


      I find the charts on this site more exciting: Total UK Debt | Economics Blog

      Comment


        Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post


        How do you explain that then?

        Look how fast it's growing. The 2013 and 2014 are projections that are dependent on deficit being cut.

        ...and the figure is the UK governments measure that excludes the banking bail out, but which needs to be added in if you want to compare.

        Now if you assume the debt level of 80% and debt continues to grow as fast as it has done over the last 3 years ......"pop"
        The question you need to ask yourself is why the German GDP/debt ratio is so high (presumably they have generally had surpluses) and is comparable to the UK who have generally run deficits.
        That may help you out of your binary rut although I'm not hopeful.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

        Comment


          Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          In 2008 it was 1.5 Euro to the £ now it's 1.25

          That's a real melt down isn't it.




          I wonder if the Scots will still be holding English pounds in their hand in 5-10 years time.
          I find it hard to believe that you posted this while attempting to have a serious discussion about the Euro.

          Floating exchange rates really is basic stuff. They help balance the relative strengths of economies as they fluctuate over time. Your comment is very naive.

          Comment


            Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Or just going to stick to childish insults?

            How is the Portugese holiday home?
            I'm hoping childish insults provoke people to do some homework, since I can't be fooked to explain complicated issues to lazy morons.
            The holiday home is fine according to the agent - hoping to spend some nice summer months there soon
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

            Comment


              Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              The question you need to ask yourself is why the German GDP/debt ratio is so high (presumably they have generally had surpluses) and is comparable to the UK who have generally run deficits.
              That may help you out of your binary rut although I'm not hopeful.
              The German economy was in the tulip until recently or didn't you notice? Unification with the east? Investment in industry?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                I find it hard to believe that you posted this while attempting to have a serious discussion about the Euro.

                Floating exchange rates really is basic stuff. They help balance the relative strengths of economies as they fluctuate over time. Your comment is very naive.
                It was joke, tongue in cheek.

                But then humour was never your strong point.



                But lets face it Sasguru predicted the Euro would drop like a stone from 1.25 and it hasn't moved.

                Still waiting for the spiraling interest rates, everyone was preidcting last year, wasn't that the spiral out of control that was going to cause the imminent break up of the Euro. That was a damp squib wasn't it. Yes Spain's rates have now temporarily gone up, but they'll be down again in a couple of weeks.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 June 2012, 11:16.
                I'm alright Jack

                Comment


                  Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  It was joke, tongue in cheek.

                  But then humour was never your strong point.



                  But lets face it Sasguru predicted the Euro would drop like a stone from 1.25 and it hasn't moved.

                  Still waiting for the spiraling interest rates, everyone was preidcting last year, wasn't that the spiral out of control that was going to cause the imminent break up of the Euro. That was a damp squib wasn't it. Yes Spain's rates have now temporarily gone up, but they'll be down again in a couple of weeks.
                  Yet again you have no understanding of what this Euro thing is all about do you?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Yet again you have no understanding of what this Euro thing is all about do you?
                    Tell us what's going to happen oh wise one.

                    ...and lets see if you've understood it shall we.
                    I'm alright Jack

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Tell us what's going to happen oh wise one.

                      ...and lets see if you've understood it shall we.
                      I have explained it ad infinitum. You seem to want to turn it into an argument that has nothing to do with the reality of what is going on. For example you see the problem as one of debt. This is true but you simply fail to understand that the Euro has accelerated borrowing in countries where interest rates urgently needed to rise (to stop people borrowing cheap money to buy Spanish holiday homes for example). Countries run out of money and because they have no control over currency rates they cannot stimulate their economies to generate enough growth to pay back the loans.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X