• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doctors will only get £68,000/year pension under revised scheme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at a £24k pa pension at the moment. they have my deepest sympathy.
    My lump sum on retirement will be whatever I can save in the next 15 years.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I'm looking at a £24k pa pension at the moment. they have my deepest sympathy.
      My lump sum on retirement will be whatever I can save in the next 20 years.
      FTFY
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        There is a report today about access to medical school being closed for children in lower socio-economic groups who get the grades due to their closed shop.
        How does that work then? You get As at A-level just for being middle class?
        How do you explain the disproportionately large number of 1st generation Indian and Chinese immigrants who seem to become doctors?

To those moaning about doctors pay and pensions, surely you should have just worked harder at school?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
          FTFY
          You are actually correct

Comment

I said this was the plan a few months ago on here, they will just keep cutting services and the goverment will cave. The BMA is easily the most militant union in the UK and will not give in.

Incidently I was told the ballot was flawed as you could postal vote and internet vote, postal vote replies never had the GMC number on so there was no way of matching up 2 votes.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              In some respects yes.

This doesn't take into account that:
              1. Not all medical students today will become hospital consultants or GP partners as there aren't enough positions,
              2. About half of doctors are women who take time out to have children or work part-time.
              **** 'em, oh, I see, someone already has.

Comment

Oi wouldn't be the man I am today if it wasn't for our wonderful british doctors says recovering patient

English doctors amputate wrong legs, testicles and cut out healthy kidneys - English pravda.ru

Comment

Doctors have a tough ride to get to the top, you have to be in very top range in school to get even considered for the course, then it is 5 years in uni and a few years living in a hospital doing crazy hours, add to that the locum years then a salary GP time before you get considered as a partner. It is not 3 years doing CS then into a job where you can switch off if you have down time.

And I do not take on board the fact that medicine is somehow a fraternity for the elite or rich. I know a few doctors who came from really shit: schools in really shit: areas.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Doctors have a tough ride to get to the top, you have to be in very top range in school to get even considered for the course, then it is 5 years in uni and a few years living in a hospital doing crazy hours, add to that the locum years then a salary GP time before you get considered as a partner. It is not 3 years doing CS then into a job where you can switch off if you have down time.

And I do not take on board the fact that medicine is somehow a fraternity for the elite or rich. I know a few doctors who came from really tulip schools in really tulip areas.
                    WHS. If anyone is going to get paid well it should be people like doctors who at least have worked hard and, in the main, are useful to society, unlike bankers.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Doctors' pensions may be crazy. But that's irrelevant. If you are on a certain package and then your employer easy they're going to make it worse, you'll feel peed off. doesn't matter if you're a Binman being told you have to pay for your own gloves, or a pro sportsman having to take a pay cut to 'only' £100k/week. It's relative and you fight for the best deal - that's simple negotiation/capitalism.

You don't have to sympathise with them to agree you'd do the same in their place.

I think striking is wrong and they earn loads but I don't begrudge them fighting for what they already get.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X