• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more Sunday Times

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    £1.50 iirc
    I think it had hit 6 quid here when I last bought it.

No magazine either. It wasn't just transport costs, since by then it was printed reasonably locally.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      I think it had hit 6 quid here when I last bought it.

No magazine either. It wasn't just transport costs, since by then it was printed reasonably locally.
      It was actually
      £1.50 for the paper
      £0.25 - pen
      £15.00 - 6 pints of fozzies
      £1.00 -pkt chedder and mustard brannigans crisps
      £7.00 - bunch of flowers

£24.75

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SECTIONS THAT I DON'T READ!
        I absolutely agree. I throw away 80% of it. I just want a newspaper.

By the way, it costs £2.20 in the UK.

Comment

Stopped buying the sunday times a couple of months ago, there seemed to be bugger all news of any worth, much of it seemed to be society news which really just amounted who the idle rich were pumping this week.

I moved to the Observer which is dreadful, pages of rants about how we are all on the breadline thanks to the Conservatives interspersed with reviews of luxury holidays in Africa and recipes using £80 slabs of organic beef.

I am moving back the times and if it is still crap I am binning the sunday papers.

Comment

The sport section is unrivalled though...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
              The sport section is unrivalled though...
              The only reason I occasionally buy it.

Comment

The Sunday Times used to have a great Scottish sports desk which probably had the best football read if you live up here but they got rid of that a year or so ago during cost cutting. One of the nails in the coffin for me.

Comment

I used to like it in the old days when it had free plastic dinosaurs. Oh, no hang on, that was Brooke Bond Tea bags.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

AND THERE ARE TOO MANY SECTIONS THAT I DON'T READ!
                    Yes and they don't even do the Funday Times any more.

On a serious note, the glossy has had some amazing examples of photo-journalism over the years.
                    I remember when I was about 15 they did a feature on the making of Quest For Fire and there seemed to be a lot of pics of Rae Dawn Chong in the noddy. The pages were duly ripped out and distributed round the dorm (for a price).

Comment

If all else fails there’s the Sunday Sport.
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X