• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lots of ranting today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Conversation went like this :

Estate agent : Yeah I got you an offer on your house. It's 50 grand below the asking but in this financial climate yada yada yada. If you really want to move then you'll take it.
    Client : Far cough.
    Estate agent : Look I'll see what I can do ok?

Estate agent thinks to self - 'What a hard nosed biatch. Where the hell did SHE learn how to negotiate like that. She seems to know all my tricks, my motives and exactly what buttons I am trying to push. How DOES she do that.
    Its almost as if she spends her whole life dealing with twat faced sharks like me'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Downside was it was neglected 1930's with coal fires in every room (even the bedrooms & Kitchen).
      I gutted it, took the floors and ceilings out. took the walls back to brick, Roof off and rebuilt from the shell as we wanted it.
      Luxury! My parents' first house was built in the 1950s and only had coal fires in the dining room and living room.. Electric fire in the parents' bedroom and a radiator in the bathroom driven by the hot water system (Baxi fire in the dining room and/or immersion heater).
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Estate agent thinks to self - 'What a hard nosed biatch. Where the hell did SHE learn how to negotiate like that. She seems to know all my tricks, my motives and exactly what buttons I am trying to push. How DOES she do that.
        Its almost as if she spends her whole life dealing with twat faced sharks like me'

twat faced shark phoned me again, and said the client had turned down my offer but would accept +5K

twat faced shark said he told client that now they had someone interested they should close the deal.

So one of two things
        1. He phoned the wrong person, as I didn't make the highest offer.
        2. He forgot he told me he had another offer, and he forgot I didn't make a counter offer.

twat faced shark should make better notes, if he can't remember his lies
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
        X