• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lots of ranting today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Trying to buy a house as the prices are low.

House on the market 2 years, needs a lot of work. No real offers.

I put an offer in, they are thinking about it.

Someone else puts an offer in 20K over my offer

They had 2 years, why wait until I put my offer in
    Sypathy

We nearly lost this place but the other people bailed as their lender wouldnt okay a mortgate at last minute because the house was almost derelict. It's horrible when it happens. this place was on the market for over a year without offers too.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Sypathy

We nearly lost this place but the other people bailed as their lender wouldnt okay a mortgate at last minute because the house was almost derelict. It's horrible when it happens. this place was on the market for over a year without offers too.
      The agent asked me to make a counter offer, I said NO!

He was put out because I offered 50K less than the asking price. He said "My client will not be happy", I said, Why who else has made them an offer?

Let's see if it really is sold.

Also the agent said he had another house around the same price would I be interested, I said NO, that house has also been on the market for 2 years no offers. What part of "You are over valuing houses" does he not understand."
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

He was put out because I offered 50K less than the asking price. He said "My client will not be happy", I said, Why who else has made them an offer?

Let's see if it really is sold.

Also the agent said he had another house around the same price would I be interested, I said NO, that house has also been on the market for 2 years no offers. What part of "You are over valuing houses" does he not understand."
        I've spent about £30,000 doing this house up with about another £20,000 to go (Just materials as I do the work myself). I don't care what the market value is now (actually about £200,00) or when I've finished because I will not be selling. this was our last move and we will see out our days here, in a home we have built to suit our needs into old age.

Comment

Should have offered another 20k less.
          Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

House on the market 2 years, needs a lot of work. No real offers.

I put an offer in, they are thinking about it.

Someone else puts an offer in 20K over my offer

They had 2 years, why wait until I put my offer in
            How do you know the other offer is real?
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

:
              Why are you buying in a crap area?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                The estate agent came straight back to me 4 weeks after I'd been told that my bid hadn't been accepted, "the potential buyer had dropped out, did I want to make another offer?" I offered the same amount even though I think I could have shaved another 5 grand off it. We really wanted the house. Huge gardens, set back off the road, Loads of space for parking on the driveway and the verge outside which came with the house. Detached garage and big curved bay windows (for the wifes Xmas tree ).

Downside was it was neglected 1930's with coal fires in every room (even the bedrooms & Kitchen).
                I gutted it, took the floors and ceilings out. took the walls back to brick, Roof off and rebuilt from the shell as we wanted it.

The couple who had dropped out, have since purchased a smaller property in the village.

Just the garden and outbuildings to finish now .

What I'm saying NAT is don't give up, say to the Estate agent that if the current buyer drops out, to give you a call. Remember, it's difficult to get a mortgage now, particularly if a property need renovating.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  the first thought that entered my head also
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    the first thought that entered my head also
                    I don't know it the other offer is real or if the people will have the cash to buy the house. That's why I said no to putting in a higher offer.

I offered what I thought the house was worth, if someone wants to pay more, that's up to them. I don't think the bank will lend it to them.

I am expecting the agent to ring me in a few weeks.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I don't know it the other offer is real or if the people will have the cash to buy the house. That's why I said no to putting in a higher offer.

I offered what I thought the house was worth, if someone wants to pay more, that's up to them. I don't think the bank will lend it to them.

I am expecting the agent to ring me in a few weeks.
                      Conversation went like this :

Estate agent : Yeah I got you an offer on your house. It's 50 grand below the asking but in this financial climate yada yada yada. If you really want to move then you'll take it.
                      Client : Far cough.
                      Estate agent : Look I'll see what I can do ok?

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X