• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract week 3 suity update - A Poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    He signed my bar tab once
    Don't forget the hotel tab...
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      The gig itself is ok, and the work really intersting. It's just there's a serious lack of talent / enthusiasm from the permies. If I could hire another 3 SY01's, and an MF as the light relief we'd have the lot done in a week.
      Surely this is true of pretty much all organisations who hire IT contractors? Certainly all the ones I've worked in.

(Except for the bit about the SY01's/MFs...)
      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
        Surely this is true of pretty much all organisations who hire IT contractors? Certainly all the ones I've worked in.

(Except for the bit about the SY01's/MFs...)
        Sometimes you luck out with the permies. I remember one gig (the longest gig I ever did) and the permies were fantastic. I'm glad to have seen the good, the bad and the ugly.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Sometimes you luck out with the permies. I remember one gig (the longest gig I ever did) and the permies were fantastic. I'm glad to have seen the good, the bad and the ugly.
          This has never happened to me. I've been at a couple of places where there was the odd one or two very good permies, but the general standard has always been pretty poor.
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
            This has never happened to me. I've been at a couple of places where there was the odd one or two very good permies, but the general standard has always been pretty poor.
            Yes I have led a charmed life on occasion. I remember the PM in the last gig telling me "this is just how IT projects are run", patronising arse. I took great pleasure in showing him the sympathy card if he had gone his whole life thinking that was as good as it gets in terms of project management.

Like I said, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Comment

Like I said, the good, the bad and the ugly.
              But enough about your kids.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                But enough about your kids.
                I have 4 kids you inumerate

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  But enough about your kids and wife.
                  FTFY.

Comment

I seriously don't know whether I should laugh or cry when reading suity's stories he's a modern day Frank Spencer
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

The gig itself is ok, and the work really intersting. It's just there's a serious lack of talent / enthusiasm from the permies. If I could hire another 3 SY01's, and an MF as the light relief we'd have the lot done in a week.

I've secured a promition and a rate rise in a shade under 10 days.
                      Originally posted by Google Translate
                      I've been set up as a fall-guy, yet again!
                      Stress related illness? Seriously, you're not cut out for this sh!t.

Stress is a safety valve. If you're "stressed" then get the **** out of Dodge.

You end up in the same mess every bloody time and it's all of your own making. You can't save the world, you pile a load of pressure on yourself and then self-destruct.

You're a laughing stock.

Spod - In "I ******* hate amateurs" mode!
                      Last edited by SupremeSpod; 25 May 2012, 06:08.

Comment

Working...
                      X