• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer Service - Top and Bottom of scale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to sue Amazon to get them to replace a Kindle after they demonstrated a complete lack of understanding re consumer law. Been alright with everything else though.

o2 and Voda are toss.

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
      Had to sue Amazon to get them to replace a Kindle after they demonstrated a complete lack of understanding re consumer law. Been alright with everything else though.

o2 and Voda are toss.
      What did you do to sue amazon?

I'm having a dispute with ebuyer at the moment. Bought an android tab off them. About a week later the screen screwed up. They wont do anything because they say its physical damage (not by me!)

Tried pointing out that the sale of goods act means they've got to prove the fault was not inherent but they're not interested.

Trying the section 75 refund with santander (credit card company is jointly liable) but they are clueless also.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        What did you do to sue amazon?

I'm having a dispute with ebuyer at the moment. Bought an android tab off them. About a week later the screen screwed up. They wont do anything because they say its physical damage (not by me!)

Tried pointing out that the sale of goods act means they've got to prove the fault was not inherent but they're not interested.

Trying the section 75 refund with santander (credit card company is jointly liable) but they are clueless also.
        Emailed Amazon CEO then small claims court.

ebuyer will try wriggle out of everything. I'd point out their legal obligations via recorded delivery letter (and cc their CEO) then ask for a final response. After that, small claims court.

Comment

o2 and Voda are toss.
          O2 loved sending me someone else's bill until the final time when I pointed out if they did it again I would forward it and this one directly to the Information Commissioner.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Amazon are top notch from what I have heard, they send out replacement kindles without hesitation (obviously they see it as a loss leader so you keep buying the books)

I am pretty much running out of patience with orange. Pushing your call centre out to india and then not running a 24 hour service is a piss take. They used to be a great company as well.

Comment

Emailed Amazon CEO then small claims court.

ebuyer will try wriggle out of everything. I'd point out their legal obligations via recorded delivery letter (and cc their CEO) then ask for a final response. After that, small claims court.
              Yes. Ebuyer are one of the worse IMHO.
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                Yes. Ebuyer are one of the worse IMHO.
                Playtrade suck as well. They have no process at all really. If you read all their T&Cs you have little to do except to take the seller to small claims court.

Aren't T&C's lovely things that you can write anyway you like and get away with it 90% of the time. Someone needs to educate the public on the Unfair Terms & Conditions in Consumer Contracts law. Then I think these dodge artists will straighten up. The govt. IMHO could give a crap.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Amazon are great. I didn't think they'd refund Kindle books but I bought an iPhone development book, read a fair chunk of it and just didn't think it was much cop. I mailed them saying, "I bought book X, have read it but really wish i'd bought book Y instead, can you do anything?". Very fast polite response saying they were sorry i'd not liked the book and they were issuing a refund so I could choose another.

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
                    Amazon are great. I didn't think they'd refund Kindle books but I bought an iPhone development book, read a fair chunk of it and just didn't think it was much cop. I mailed them saying, "I bought book X, have read it but really wish i'd bought book Y instead, can you do anything?". Very fast polite response saying they were sorry i'd not liked the book and they were issuing a refund so I could choose another.
                    I do have the impression that American companies try harder. My wife bought some stationary from VistaPrint and she didn't check to ensure that she was buying A4 paper and C4 envelopes. What she got was the 8.5x11 and the American sized envelopes...she rang up VistaPrint polietly explained the error and got a credit back of her order right on the phone!

Good deal as I'm using those envelopes now years later.

Same deal with myfax, had a problem rang them up, got the credit plus a bit extra for their error and made a custom deal for the volume of faxing my wife does.

Shame that there are very few good stories of UK customer service around..considering just how much we are taken to the cleaners, and how much legislation and regulators there are. Something is broken somewhere.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X