• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fast lane hoggers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Come now, keep the ad hominem stuff to a minimum, as it simply shows you're losing the argument.

If you're saying every move is logical, so can be seen in advance, then I am afraid the search for a new fuqwit should begin closer to home.
    It was a comment, not an argument.

Comment

Obviously not.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        No the people behind them probably are though.

Undertaking is not forbidden only discouraged, unless it is done dangerously.
        On all roads, undertaking is permitted if the vehicles in the lane to the right are queueing and slow moving. Undertaking in an aggressive or reckless manner could be considered Careless Driving or more seriously Dangerous Driving, both of which are legally enforceable offences.
        60 mph is not slow moving.

I think in this particular case it would be dangerous/careless, driving. Otherwise you could be doing it all the time.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          60 mph is not slow moving.

I think in this particular case it would be dangerous/careless, driving. Otherwise you could be doing it all the time.
          There's a rule, I think 242, which stipulates its ok, if it's the flow of the traffic doing it, but otherwise is considered dangerous driving 3-11 points, up to 2 years in Jail. But utterly subjective, which make sit insane.

I spoke to a cop once who said he'd stop anyone doing it. Not very practical on the M25 most mornings...

Comment

I still don't understand why undertaking is not made legal?

Could the congragation illicudiate me making good use of "cretin", "imbecile" and -ve repping? Cheers.

Comment

In that situation I thank god that I no longer live in the UK with it's greater than average amount of terrible drivers and look forward to getting back to the mainland where the majority of people know how to use lanes properly.. with the risk that if you don't use lanes properly then approx 2 seconds later you'll see in your rear view mirror a Porsche screaming over the horizon with lights on full beam and you better move out the way fast.

unrestricted motorways in germany, you gotta love 'em...

... unless you're a biker travelling back from the Netherlands to Munich on Sunday afternoon and then you see motorways as your ultimate private race track, although without a game over try again option.
              Last edited by chef; 21 May 2012, 11:51.
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I still don't understand why undertaking is not made legal?

Could the congragation illicudiate me making good use of "cretin", "imbecile" and -ve repping? Cheers.
                It is in america, and works well, as people have become accustomed to looking both sides before moving. I guess it's akin to making us all drive on the left, in that it's possibly considered too hard for us to do.
                If we drove on the Mway, like the French, mostly, do on the autoroutes, would render it un-necessary anyway, as their lane discipline is much better than us.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                  What do you do when you're stuck behind somebody in the outside lane who is doing 60 mph & has absolutely no intention whatsoever of getting back into the inside lane even though it's clear as far as the eye can see?
                  The trick is to drive up fast behind them. Even the doziest driver looks in their rear mirror occasionally, and seeing a rapidly approaching car showing no signs of slowing, usually prompts the peasants to pull in and make way for their betters. At least that's I find in my jag
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    In that situation I thank god that I no longer live in the UK with it's greater than average amount of terrible drivers and look forward to getting back to the mainland where the majority of people know how to use lanes properly.. with the risk that if you don't use lanes properly then approx 2 seconds later you'll see in your rear view mirror a Porsche screaming over the horizon with lights on full beam and you better move out the way fast.

unrestricted motorways in germany, you gotta love 'em...

... unless you're a biker travelling back from the Netherlands to Munich on Sunday afternoon and then you see motorways as your ultimate private race track, although without a game over try again option.
                    Or a large benz with its left hand indicator on, sat 2 inches from your bumper screaming get out of my way oik.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

Perhaps a motorway driving test should be on the cards?
                      I don't know what you have to do for the UK one nowadays (I did mine in a red oxide primer For Cortina MKII) but in Germany you have to do a certain amount of time on the motorway and at night (and pissed looking at the way some of the instructors drive here)
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X