• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Outsourcing again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked for Bob once, subcontracted to a US company - they paid me 300 per day and charged 750......

As soon as my client started mentioning he was paying "750 per day" for us, rest assured that things changed quickly.

Bribery and corruption are also being outsourced the other way !

Comment

I had an offer at Wipro in Glasgow. They offered 270 a day and I told them I'd need 400. They thanked me for my time and wished me luck in finding another role.

Tbh I find the whole working through an outsourcer bad enough as it is. Add in a company based out of India and I couldn't see it working well. All the guys who interviewed me were Scottish though.

Comment

What will it take for someone high up to realise what's going on here? Should we start setting contractors on fire outside 10 Downing St?!

Comment

Originally posted by NoPaddle View Post
          What's wrong with senior management, thousands of UK graduates and people out of work in this country; and they've decided to hire people from India, fly them over here to the UK, pay their expenses and give £300 a day to TCS and iGate for each person my bank hires...

I hope senior management choke on their bonus.
          I'm planning to get UK graduates in as trainees/interns to eventually take on the ongoing maintenance and support functions once my work is done. Trying out some strategy but it needs cooperation from clientco management...
          I think its time to move on.
          Or change strategy and try something new.

Comment

Working...
          X