• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When's the Euro footy starting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    However, to be classed as a great team our batting displays against spin on turning wickets overseas needs to be addressed.
    A problem the Aussies also had almost throughout their time at number one! India was their particular nemesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      Good to be in this position though, and I've not seen us like this, for, well, decades.
      I've never seen England like this and I've followed them since I was a kid and Illingworth was captain.

Actually, a few years ago I reversed-engineered the Test rankings using test results back to the late sixties, and we had a brief spell at number 1 in the late seventies under Brearley. You wouldn't have known it at the time because West Indies had thrashed us, but we had beaten almost everyone else at that time and West Indies hadn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I've never seen England like this and I've followed them since I was a kid and Illingworth was captain.

Actually, a few years ago I reversed-engineered the Test rankings using test results back to the late sixties, and we had a brief spell at number 1 in the late seventies under Brearley. You wouldn't have known it at the time because West Indies had thrashed us, but we had beaten almost everyone else at that time and West Indies hadn't.
        I remember it, from when Botham joined the team in 77 I think. Illingworths team was a close as it as I can remember. Test cricket wasn't so strong then anyway, iirc. The Windies made Test cricket great again, imo. I reckon the saffers of the 70's would have been a match for the Windies. They had some players. I remember summers as a kid watching Richards (Barry), Proctor et all.

Comment

Well it looks like Bally and Cook have won this. Only 20 to get as dogging weather approaches.

Comment

13 now, not really ever in doubt, they just can't put enough pressure on us. I can see us fine tuning our form ready for the saffers.

Can't wait to be honest. It also means that the crowds at the test matches should be calmer and a bit more knowledgable...

Comment

Cooky gone! And we still need two runs from 48 overs with only 5 wkts left!

Comment

It's started The tennis finished a bit quick today and work distracted me from following it as closely as I'd like so was at a loss for what to watch this evening.

Comment

Good show by Russia there : 4-1 at the moment against the Czech Republic, in extra time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                    Good show by Russia there : 4-1 at the moment against the Czech Republic, in extra time.
                    They seem to have done well in the years since AtW left and Putin became president.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                      They seem to have done well in the years since AtW left and Putin became president.
                      Yes and you pay for it every time you refuel car, turn on gas for heating/cooking or use any electricity.

Comment

Working...
                      X