• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Olympic Tickets - Rip Off...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are not invited, that's why you are not going to have a once in a lifetime experience.
    Ha Ha Ha

I remember Stratford station when the millenium dome had its shindig in 2k. Now if you replace dignitaries in black ties with pushing ill mannered Jonny foreigners (not new for startford I admit) You will be having an experience all right I just hope its not 35 degrees while you are having it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      So I was unlucky in the first 2 ballots for Olympic tickets ending up with nothing, and so have had the chance this week in the daily ticket offerings.

I have been keen to take the kids to see an event and so thought swimming would be good for them...4 x £150 per person for a morning of qualifying heats is all I could get. Have done it to get some tickets but how can Lord Coe etc al say it is justifiable to charge such an amount. So much for the people's Olympics !
      I am in the same boat. I think the prices are way too high ... it makes Barbra Streisand Barbra Streisand charges up to £500 per ticket for comeback show | Mail Online tickets look cheap by comparison! But considering that there were events in China that were half empty stadiums (gymnastics, football and hockey come to mind) even with over billion people to fill them there will probably be some last minute tickets that can be picked up at a bargain price.

I'm more looking forward to the free events running across the city during the Olympics ... probably more interesting then most sports events. There will be some giant screens around the city too so that is an option if the weather decides that it's summer.

Comment

Working...
      X