• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Selling mobile handsets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swamp View Post
    eBay and mobile phones is a complete no-no. You'll end up with no end of hassle.

Much better to use Mazuma or similar. Often you will get more money than eBay too. Tesco also give a ridiculous amount of clubcard points for recycling mobiles.
    Late last year I got an iPhone to replace the HTC desire.

Vodafone offered me £70 trade in, went to a few online recyclers and the most I was offered was £80.

Put it on eBay just after new year on a 3 day short listing with a £70 reserve.

It went for £125 quid

eBay all the way!
    Still Invoicing

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
      Put them on ebay
      Only if they work with no problems. Otherwise you;ll get hassle off some scrote who doesnt read the ad when you say its battered and doesnt work and then kicks off when his iphone he got for £50 off you is playing up.

In this case, sell to mobile companies who dont care as long as it turns on.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Only if they work with no problems. Otherwise you;ll get hassle off some scrote who doesnt read the ad when you say its battered and doesnt work and then kicks off when his iphone he got for £50 off you is playing up.

In this case, sell to mobile companies who dont care as long as it turns on.
        What psycho said.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Plus you need to find the original box, all the cables and bits, take photos, and create an advert. Then when you've answered endless stupid questions and fended off all the scammers and chancers, you need to receive and clear the payment, possibly pay commission to PayPal, then wrap and post the thing. If everything goes well (and that's a big 'if') you pay your Final Valuation Fee.

This is OK if you are on the bench with nothing better to do, I suppose
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Working...
          X