• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In the process of.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Interview is now on Thursday. Am trying to push the interview for 2pm rather than 4pm, as it allows me to have time to think and provide feedback to the agency on the same day.
    What?

FFS, they're not expecting "War & Peace"

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      Remember it takes at least 6 months to get your first star. You may need to do an apprenticeship.

Good luck
      WHS

Good luck!
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        What?

FFS, they're not expecting "War & Peace"
        I didn't say I was going to give them War & Peace.

I need time to digest what happened in the interview followed by feedback and for them to come back and say Yes or No.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I need time to digest what happened in the interview followed by feedback and for them to come back and say Yes or No.
          And how much.

Comment

You either want the role or you don't, you're either offered the role or not. Hmmm, how many combinations does that make?

Oi Fitzy, draw us up a truth table, will you?

Truth Table Generator

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

You either want the role or you don't, you're either offered the role or not. Hmmm, how many combinations does that make?

Oi Fitzy, draw us up a truth table, will you?

Truth Table Generator
              I take it you aren't an Analyst of any kind then?

I like to have time to reflect on whether I like the place or not (And I am not just thinking of the client site). I need to determine whether the area I am going to has good public transport from the train station to the client site and whether I need to stay in a B&B / Hotel during the day. I also need to make an educated guess as to whether I think the area is safe or not. I need to work out how much I need to spend on transport per week. How much I need to spend on subsistence and hotel costs, if required. If I get offered the role, I like to have as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

Whilst I am keen to be in work, I don't make rash decisions without giving it thought.
              If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Thanks both. This is a F2F interview in Newbury. I'll let you guess who it is.
                u going for the tax dodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  And how much.
                  The client is offering £120 a day more than my current client.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    Remember it takes at least 6 months to get your first star. You may need to do an apprenticeship.

Good luck
                    Is that like a Merit Badge? I remember getting plenty of those in Primary School.....

Comment

I take it you aren't an Analyst of any kind then?

I like to have time to reflect on whether I like the place or not (And I am not just thinking of the client site). I need to determine whether the area I am going to has good public transport from the train station to the client site and whether I need to stay in a B&B / Hotel during the day. I also need to make an educated guess as to whether I think the area is safe or not. I need to work out how much I need to spend on transport per week. How much I need to spend on subsistence and hotel costs, if required. If I get offered the role, I like to have as much information as possible to make an informed decision.

Whilst I am keen to be in work, I don't make rash decisions without giving it thought.
                      I'd have all that stuff worked out before I attended the interview.

PPPPPPP.

Comment

Working...
                      X