• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

kit cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kit cars

Just drove past a lunie in my big bloo Volvo.

He was driving some sort of kit car, looked vaguely Caterham 7 ish.

Anyone had one of these?

I had a Dutton Faeces (oh, ok, Phaeton) which was a pile of tulipe when I bought it, and still a pile of tulipe when I sold it 5 years later...

Discuss. Or not.

kit cars

IMO people who drive in those should sign away their right to sue anybody in case if they die in accident -- those fecking things have no chance in motorway collision :rolleyes

Kit car's only advantage is that they are fast things :rolleyes

Comment

Would like to build one, but have not time, so it will remain a dream.

Comment

AtW: you have little or no chance in any sort of collision...

The Dutton Phaeces brought a whole new meaning to the term throttle steering.

Doing doughnuts in carparks is one thing, fishtailing down the fast lane of the M4 at 75mph coz some dozy cow hadn't noticed you is another... (all I did was blip the throttle a bit).

In last year of ownership I did exactly 43 miles... never so glad to see the back of something.

I blame the opening credits of "The Prisoner" with Patrick McGoohan... those wonderful shots of the Lotus 7... the Dutton Phaeces wasn't a patch on that though.

Comment

Working...
        X