• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

tv aerial in other rooms - suggestions please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gus: Well, I've not tried that, I only tend to have one TV on at a time. I recon it only transmits the channel selected, so I guess all the TVs would be showing the same thing. I'll try it later.

Just remembered I had fun getting one of the sat boxes to play nicely so had to modify the receiver part of the tranmitter a bit so the IR could work back to that sat box. So it might be worth checking if it works with your set up (should work with Philips stuff obviously, and I know it works with Sky stuff as well), or get ready with a soldering iron and UV LEDs.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If you just want to use the tuner on the tv but get better reception then something like this will sort you out
      http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...o=943&doy=26m5
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

so, any other ideas ?

shame. video senders are out then. well, that's saved me £50 in testing a theory...

the point of having different channels is so that Mrs Gus can be in the kitchen watching Corrie while she's making my tea, and while I'm watchign Men & Motors on the big screen ...

any other ways of getting a regular aerial connection through to the other room without installing a cable ?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
          The new customer deals are an annoyance, aren't they? I was an early adopter of Sky+ so my hard disk is 40GB, whereas new customers now get 80GB.
          There's an easy "upgrade" you can do:-

http://www.chrisgreen.co.uk/hacking-a-sky-box/

I know people that have done this - I don't have one so cannot comment and I'm not sure whether this is the right way of doing it - I got this from Google at random.

But I do know (having worked with Sky) that this is possible.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by gus
            any other ways of getting a regular aerial connection through to the other room without installing a cable ?
            I wouldn't think so. The easiest option would probably be to simply run a new aerial from the roof to the conservatory. Shouldn't cost any more to get a roving aerial fitter to do that than it would be to buy a load of fancy gadgets with boxes which all need plugging in and hiding around the place. The aerial fitters do the job all day long and, like carpet fitters, become amazingly quick and efficient. In my experience.

Comment

Pretty sure I saw such a thing in Maplins a couple of weeks ago. Can't tell you sweet FA about them though.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X