• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Southerners and water

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Use canals to transport water to south...
    We've got enough water now, thanks.

Did I tell you that Redbourn's 365 policy was under severe strain on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Use canals to transport water to south...
      Some professor of water engineering or some such said that was a silly idea, no good direct routes, not designed for fast flow and locks.

Upgrading present infrastructure and modifying usage was her solution.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        We've got enough water now, thanks.
        an it's not as if them mucky lot in't south use it for washing
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          tin bath is full o coal, tha daft sod
          I just use it to make ice for my Vodka
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            There is no water shortage in the south. It is a scam from the water companies in order to put charges up.
            Interesting point.
            A few weeks ago on the national cycle route I saw a huge tap just running with no way to close it. Spent half an hour on phone with the area water company (on hold most of the time - even when I pressed the menu option for leakage). They didn't seem too bothered about all that water leaking for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Some professor of water engineering or some such said that was a silly idea, no good direct routes, not designed for fast flow and locks.

Upgrading present infrastructure and modifying usage was her solution.
              yeah right a series national network that they control and can excavate the towpath may not be the best solution to putting in a new national network of high speed pipes?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X