• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Holiday Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenophon
    Pretty impressive LB. You're even giving threaded's trans-European automobile swap-shop a run for its money.
    I think I might be taking on a bit much. Somehow in the middle of all that I've got to find time to collect my parents from Heathrow at rush hour later on today!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
      I think I might be taking on a bit much. Somehow in the middle of all that I've got to find time to collect my parents from Heathrow at rush hour later on today!
      It will of course be rush hour on the Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend too so that could be fun! No doubt my train home out of London tonight will be a nightmare.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
        Pretty impressive LB. You're even giving threaded's trans-European automobile swap-shop a run for its money.
        Well, I didn't want to over egg it, but I shall be having haddock and chips, or maybe a steak and kidney pie (haven't made my mind up yet), mushy peas, sliced bread and butter, and a pot of tea at my chip shop in Doncaster. Hopefully I can find a parking place out front. Maybe I'll get someone to stuff the van there to be moved on my arrival, just to make sure.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Well, I didn't want to over egg it, but I shall be having haddock and chips, or maybe a steak and kidney pie (haven't made my mind up yet), mushy peas, sliced bread and butter, and a pot of tea at my chip shop in Doncaster. Hopefully I can find a parking place out front. Maybe I'll get someone to stuff the van there to be moved on my arrival, just to make sure.
          I shall be doing similar this evening but at the best chippy in England according to a recent vote by the Fish Fryers association.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box
            LB - Friday rushour matey at HRX - oh dear, oh dear, oh dear... I suggest a quick look at:

http://www.theaa.com/travelwatch/travel_news.jsp

before you go!!

My wife is always getting her parents over on bank holiday - it's often quicker staying at the Marriot, Heathrow in anticipation.

Michelin starred restaurant? Could you tell me which one tomorrow (to avoid the stalking potential)?

Thanks btw for the restaurant recommendations for Copenhagen - will keep you posted on them next week as we are no confirmed to go (business class to delay any divorce proceedings)
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Picking up my new Chavmobile. Must remember to wear a white tracksuit...farking hav', mate - sorted, innit.
              Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                Picking up my new Chavmobile. Must remember to wear a white tracksuit...farking hav', mate - sorted, innit.
                Chavmobile eh? So what are we talking here? First three guesses:
                • Subaru Impreza Turbo
                • Mitsubishi Evo
                • Honda Civic Type-R

Comment

Weekend in London birthday treat from the missus for me, including tea at the Dorchester (her idea), and lunch at Claridges (my idea), a nice hotel, X-Men 3 at the cinema, and several thousand cocktails. Can't fecking wait.

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
                    Weekend in London birthday treat from the missus for me, including tea at the Dorchester (her idea), and lunch at Claridges (my idea), a nice hotel, X-Men 3 at the cinema, and several thousand cocktails. Can't fecking wait.

Another impressive weekend. Good work - hope it goes well. Have done afternoon tea at The Ritz and it was most satisfactory.

Comment

Do you have to book for tea at the Ritz?
                      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                      X