• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Getting Paid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    I had 18mths out as perm and came back. Both the last contract (agency) and this direct one pay within 6 days of invoice. Although current gig have asked me to move to monthly billing rather than weekly, submit timesheets on the monday before the last friday and get paid the last friday! Works for me, I know they are good for it.
    One of the better payment schemes I was on involved faxing your timesheet (unsigned by the boss) 3 weeks into the month and you were paid on the last Friday of the month without fail. You then sent the signed timesheet at the end of the month and the difference was added to next month's pay. The first couple of months was going to be hard, as starting one week into January meant I was only going to see 2 weeks' pay at the end of the month, so I asked for an advance and got it.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

To anyone who may be finding this in search results - I've used this piece of legislation to great effect chasing an intentional bad debtor:

Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998
      http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/20/contents

Comment

Working...
      X