• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End the scourge of divorce - what a muppet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    In some US states it only takes one partner to ask for a divorce and it will be granted because the courts believe you can’t for a couple to live together if one partner does not want to.
    That's because on country with liberal gun laws it would be too dangerous not to allow easy divorces

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      IMO it is worse for children to stay in a bad atmosphere where there is continual argument. Of course in an ideal world married couples with kids would get on. And no-one would die of hunger. And everyone on cuk would get on.
      That's true but on the other hand if people knew marriage meant for life, barring very special circumstances, maybe they wouldn't get married at the drop of a hat.

It's sort of the opposite case to the giving benefits to families with children argument... the common suggestion is "don't reward people for breeding" and the counter-argument is "but if they have kids, they shouldn't be punished for who their parents are".

In this case, yes being stuck in a marriage has to be awful, but you shouldn't enter into marriage so lightly in the first place. I'm not talking about cases where one partner turns out to be abusive, but where people get married as the 'next step' of being together, then realise they're a bit bored a year later.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        That's true but on the other hand if people knew marriage meant for life, barring very special circumstances, maybe they wouldn't get married at the drop of a hat.

It's sort of the opposite case to the giving benefits to families with children argument... the common suggestion is "don't reward people for breeding" and the counter-argument is "but if they have kids, they shouldn't be punished for who their parents are".

In this case, yes being stuck in a marriage has to be awful, but you shouldn't enter into marriage so lightly in the first place. I'm not talking about cases where one partner turns out to be abusive, but where people get married as the 'next step' of being together, then realise they're a bit bored a year later.
        Agree strongly with all that.

BUT I was living with first wife for 7 years before we married. First 4 years were great. Then she had kidney transplant - and she went kind of mad. I then made my big mistake - I thought having kids when make it all okay.

Comment

Working...
        X