• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were to go perm what would you want your salary(+bonuses) to be?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why would you want another one?
    I can't remember.

Comment

The only way I would go permie is if the BoE offered me a job working the printing presses and I was allowed to use them for personal gain at the weekend.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I would go back to being an NHS permie at the hospital 2 minutes walk away for 65k p.a. The salary goes up by 1k p.a. for every 2 miles distance from home I had to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I would go back to being an NHS permie at the hospital 2 minutes walk away for 65k p.a. The salary goes up by 1k p.a. for every 2 miles distance from home I had to travel.
          65k in truth is a cracking salary. I think most contractors have to be honest with themselves and look at the real number of weeks per year that they do actually invoice at. I aim for 46 per year, and tend to come in at the 44-46 per year range. At £300 per day, thats £67500 average, £400 £90000, £500 £112500.

I reckon most contractors fail to hit 45 weeks and fall well short.

The other interesting point is, that most permies don't have a 100k salary (techies don't, support nowhere near).

Contractors have a habit of 'over stating' their worth. I would have thought that most would be happy at £70/£80k.

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

65k in truth is a cracking salary. I think most contractors have to be honest with themselves and look at the real number of weeks per year that they do actually invoice at. I aim for 46 per year, and tend to come in at the 44-46 per year range. At £300 per day, thats £67500 average, £400 £90000, £500 £112500.

I reckon most contractors fail to hit 45 weeks and fall well short.

The other interesting point is, that most permies don't have a 100k salary (techies don't, support nowhere near).

Contractors have a habit of 'over stating' their worth. I would have thought that most would be happy at £70/£80k.

National pay rates make it easy. I would go back in at grade 8d but not less.

I aim to work 44 weeks per year and bill at 400 to 500 per day. I'm also happy working part time when I can.

The thing is I take home more working part time as a PM on easy projects than I would working like a bastard inin a hospital as an Assistant Director.

It's the tax regime that makes the difference.

Comment

Contractors have a habit of 'over stating' their worth.
              You don't say!!!

Comment

I am already permie - and am just moving jobs. Same base - but bonus will increase a HUGE amount. Its total comensation that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I am already a permie - and I am just moving jobs. Same base - but the bonus will increase by a HUGE amount. It's total compensation that counts.
                  FTFY

I hope your new job is somewhere where precision and correctness isn't one of the required skills...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    You don't say!!!
                    I'm sure you're worth all 50p.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      I'm sure you're worth all 50p.
                      50% tax you mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X