• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attitude of people on low pay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
    I once bought a Milkmans franchise in the vain hope it would get me out of IT, leave me lots of the day free, keep me fresh and fit. I lasted 4 weeks. Part social worker, hard yakka, the round I bought, I was advised, had a 1.30 am start, which couldn't be adjusted for 12 months. However, this advise was issued after I had signed on the dotted stuff, a keen reminder for me to remember to read said small print in future. Worst job there is, or right up there.

Did get to see a lot, and also get involved a lot too lol.

Funny days looking back on it. Everytime I make noises about leaving IT again, I remember what this was like.

You should have had a bit of fun sysman
    The draw of easy money from contracting is a drive killer IMHO to go it truly alone.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
      Most people choosing to obtain a cleaner are pretty affluent and are not really buffetted by economic downturns.
      Not sure about that, I'd say it's split between those who are simply well off, and couples where both work full-time. The latter are susceptible because if one loses their job, the cleaner is not required.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
        Is comparing an "urgent roll-out of something" with cleaning the skids off your crapper really a fair comparison?

If I was cleaning for a living I'd probably want to take my birthday off too rather than cleaning someone elses skids. I don't think that's unreasonable. Perhaps we need an "Attitude of people on high daily rates" thread, complete with inordinate amounts of exclamation marks.
        No, its not the same level of importance. Not saying its the best job in the world but its the job you do. Not my fault they're a cleaner is it?

Just saying if you're going to have an attitude that you can show up when you can be arsed, then I would suggest you've not got the attitude to be anything else.

Bugger - reckon I could have squeezed a few more on the title. Hang on I'll edit it.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          The draw of easy money from contracting is a drive killer IMHO to go it truly alone.
          Couldn't agree more. I see these shows the kids like, like the cube, and think 20k? I wouldn't enter for that. Its when it dawns on you, just how easy it is to stack money up, especially when there is two of you. I fear I am not going to be able to ever get out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            It is said that a good life is the greatest barrier to a great life.
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Not sure about that, I'd say it's split between those who are simply well off, and couples where both work full-time. The latter are susceptible because if one loses their job, the cleaner is not required.
              Quite a few were retired couples and single blokes - yes, there were duo income couples but they were in the minority.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                It is said that a good life is the greatest barrier to a great life.
                Never heard it. Great quote.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  £14 an hour. sod that. More than the Mrs gets being a nurse!

Think ours is £8 an hour.
                  What size house though - we give ours a £10 @ hour...but it is a large houseand she takes 3 hours to get around it.

btw she has a habit of cleaning bra-less (not that I've noticed) and I definitely would
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

should we not be gald they have these attitudes? If they don't have such problem, I'm sure I would find it quite tough to find my next contract....
                    Happy days every day...just keep invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                      What size house though - we give ours a £10 @ hour...but it is a large houseand she takes 3 hours to get around it.

btw she has a habit of cleaning bra-less (not that I've noticed) and I definitely would
                      We had a cleaner, in Surrey. Run her own company, there was 4 women, she was a single mum getting her kid through private school. Bit of a looker, but large nose, and always in coveralls as such. Didn't pay much attention to her.

Rare night out with the boys we went to a pub and she was working there, almost literally dressed like a slut. I would have done, and very nearly did. Very tempted.

We had to get rid of her in the end, just couldn't look at her like the cleaner anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X