• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Movies to avoid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anything to survive - matt le blanc -shockingly bad!!

the one armed boxer 2 - no really there is such a film!! One-Armed Boxer II (1976) - IMDb

I have the cineworld card too - you see some rubbish but I have also watched some great films that i wouldn't have paid on the day for.

Comment

Originally posted by moggy View Post
      anything to survive - matt le blanc -shockingly bad!!

the one armed boxer 2 - no really there is such a film!! One-Armed Boxer II (1976) - IMDb

I have the cineworld card too - you see some rubbish but I have also watched some great films that i wouldn't have paid on the day for.
      And it's modern equivilent Kung Fu Flid
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        And it's modern equivilent Kung Fu Flid
        now that is class!

Comment

District 9. Given the story, that could have been sooo good but they ended up making an appallingly dull movie.

Sill bizzarely gets 8.1 on IMDB, how????

Comment

Originally posted by Friday Blue View Post
            i watched doomsday and the divide over the weekend, both not really worth the time. In fact I stopped after 25 minutes into the divide
            Doomsday looks promising, starts ok, then quickly descends into a pile of tulip. Remind me never to watch The Divide if it's worse
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
              District 9. Given the story, that could have been sooo good but they ended up making an appallingly dull movie.

Yeah, you sneaky fokkin' prawns, heh?
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I quite liked District 9

However, anything on IMDB which is not a Yank or Brit production seems to be slightly over scored. On that basis I'd say that district 9 would have got a 7-7.5 if the Yanks had made it.

Same goes for any TV shows, if they are popular they get high votes, probably because only those who have invested the time and so by definition already think the series is good bother voting for them.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Not bizarre - it's a very good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                    Battlefield Earth was a big budget movie, but is completley without any redeeming qualites

Antichrist was pretentious tulip that was just trying desperately hard to be trendy

Titantic utter tulip, the only good bit was the at the end when Leonardo dies. Expensive special effects alone do not make a movie

The Phantom Menace, with acting so wooden they should have just saved money and used the cast of Eastenders
                    I'm gonna agree about Battlefield Earth (scientology propaganda) and pahntom menace.

Titanic was alright.

Antichrist...trying desperately hard to be trendy?? I don't think Lars von Trier cares about making trendy movies. I thought it was excellent. Not everybody's cup of tea, I'll give you that.

Comment

I quite liked District 9.

Highlander 2 on the other hand...
                      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                      X