• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welsh broadband activists declare war on trees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wispa limited View Post
    LOL - If you lot let me hang around long enough I might buy the straws
    You were a bit careless with that offer.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      yes. but I reckon the others were egging him/her on.

I remember they had recently installed traffic calming measure around the accident site. there were pedestrian islands. People used to park between them. I reckon they served round the parked car and lost control. one could argue that traffic calming killed those 5 kids. if one was very warped.
      Bit harsh, been in a car when younger when someone was driving like a twat and no one was egging him on.

One of the other lads poked him on the nose when we got to the pub.

Saw a bad accident in the west country once. Car overtook us, way too fast, lost it, rolled into a field, got out of our car to 'have a word with the driver' and found it upside down in a brook. 3 of the 5 died, drowned, and the other 2 we got out of the back of the car. Remember it very well. Met one of the girls we got out a while later, turns out the bloke was showing off and absolutely not egged on.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
        Bit harsh, been in a car when younger when someone was driving like a twat and no one was egging him on.

One of the other lads poked him on the nose when we got to the pub.

Saw a bad accident in the west country once. Car overtook us, way too fast, lost it, rolled into a field, got out of our car to 'have a word with the driver' and found it upside down in a brook. 3 of the 5 died, drowned, and the other 2 we got out of the back of the car. Remember it very well. Met one of the girls we got out a while later, turns out the bloke was showing off and absolutely not egged on.
        Fair points. In my defence this is cuk!

And I still feel sorry for any trees hurt in car accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I'm a contractor and the Mod who approved your posts.

A cynic amongst cynics. Be thankful I let you through.
          Yep, be careful, coz she's the bitch with the switch!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
            Yep, be careful, coz she's the bitch with the switch!
            You forgot the thigh high leather boots.

Comment

You forgot the thigh high leather boots.
              It's the heels, man, oh the heels!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                You only discover how fast 60mph is when you're suddenly going sideways off the road into the trees.

Then it's a case of waiting for it to stop.
                Yes. Happened to me 6th Feb 1994. It was doing 40 and lost a skittish car on black ice and spun into trees. Every panel damaged, passenger door by gearstick and parts of engine in passenger footwell. 10 days before I had my 1st marriage. Alas the BFH was not in the car that day.

Comment

Yes. Happened to me 6th Feb 1994. It was doing 40 and lost a skittish car on black ice and spun into trees. Every panel damaged, passenger door by gearstick and parts of engine in passenger footwell. 10 days before I had my 1st marriage. Alas the BFH was not in the car that day.
                  Road to Hell - Chris Rea

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Looking on the bright side, I survived.

Some time later, along the same piece of road, a couple of unfortunates went off, hit a much bigger tree & didn't.

Car burned.

With them inside.
                    Crispy.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      Road to Hell - Chris Rea
                      I believe that song was born from an episode when he and some mates were in a Ferrari stuck in a lengthy traffic jam.

And running out of ciggies.

Youtube: Road to Hell (Full version)
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X