• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anybody been to Pompeii?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Driving up past rome on the motorway, it was nose to tail in all lanes doing 70.
    I left a gap in front and the gits behind were honking and flashing their lights

they wernt going anywhere, maybe 40 feet closer to the destination.

then the red lights came on up front so I braked and stopped with an inch to spare. next thing there were millions of eyties running around waving their arms about and fighting. No one seriously injured but the must have been half a dozen fender benders
    eejits

I love the italians
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      I love the italians
      senorita, so does I, just not the driving skills
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I thought the Italians drove badly till I went to Egypt.
        I thought the Egyptians drove badly till I went to India.

The Italians are pussycats.

Comment

WEO said

They also have an amusing way of letting you know that they want to overtake you whilst you are in front of them in the fast lane, by putting their right indicator on and tailgaiting you and flashing you repeatedly.

I found it amusing to lightly touch the brakes and watch them go flying against the dashboard
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Been to Pompeii and it was amazing. Go up Vesuvio as well - just hope he doesn't decide to sneeze while you're up there

"Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Personally thought Vesuvius was a bit boring. Certainly not worth paying a tour company to take you there - might be worth a trip on the railway if you've nothing better to be doing.

Comment

Working...
              X