• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question Time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Can't believe people are still whining about the 45p tax.
    And why not? It should be 30% max!

Comment

I really detest people moaning that the tax rates aren't progressive enough. Wawawawawwa the rich who are already paying an order of magnitude more tax than me should be paying more, wawawawawawawa.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
        I really detest people moaning that the tax rates aren't progressive enough. Wawawawawwa the rich who are already paying an order of magnitude more tax than me should be paying more, wawawawawawawa.
        I do agree to a point, it's just that this government seems to think that families on low/modest incomes can stretch their budget to infinity whilst the toffs in the commons bar are washing down their pasties with Tattinger.
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Anyone watching?

There's a hideously left wing tone tonight.

Comment

A load of left wing wingers who have no idea about economics.

They keep harping on about the Rich List - John O'Farrell mentioned taxing their wealth at 28% and we would clear the deficit!

Even IF this was possible, what does O'Farrell thinks will happen next year to finance next years deficit?

Yet again, people have no idea what the difference is between the deficit and the debt.

The deficit is the ANNUAL shortfall of government income against what it is spending. The DEBT is the cumulation of all these annual deficits.

The deficit for this year is expected to come in at £120 billion - that is about £2000 for every man, woman and child, and this is just for ONE year.

By the time of the next election, the DEBT is due to top £1400 billion - this will be about £24000 for every man, woman and child in the country.

Lastly, the old Labour chestnut that the mess they left us in was the fault of international bankers. Yes, there were certainly some major problems with the banks, but the problem was Labours annual deficits, even when we were booming, and an over dependence on the tax revenues from the city of London, this, combined with the deficit we were already in in the cause of the huge deficits we now have.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

Lastly, the old Labour chestnut that the mess they left us in was the fault of international bankers. Yes, there were certainly some major problems with the banks, but the problem was Labours annual deficits, even when we were booming, and an over dependence on the tax revenues from the city of London, this, combined with the deficit we were already in in the cause of the huge deficits we now have.

It is used as an excuse for the rest of us to feed their entitlement
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
              X