• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear Ceefax....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Yes I know the difference, I was just commenting the fact that it wasn't a Ceefax designer, it was Teletext, IIRC the picture is also about 10 years old as Digitiser ended in 2003
    Still topical though, come on!

Comment

personally I still think its leagues ahead of this red button crap.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Still topical though, come on!
        Meh, close enough for government work
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Enjoy an evening of Ceefax from October 1983
          "The raw data for these pages was saved to tape drive by Mark Cook who wrote software to recover the data and save it to PC. He then e-mailed the individual frames to TTAN where I decoded it into Videotex, corrected any errors and converted them to GIF files. The HTML interface was contributed by David Bennett. We hope they bring back a few memories for you."

Comment

I used to love...

1/2
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

... Ceefax. They had a quiz.

2/2
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
                I miss it too. It was so simple. Hit the text button on your remote then 101 for news and 301 for sport.

The red button doesn't do it for me :
                Doesn't do it for me either. I pressed the red button on my TV remote when they told me to, and my f***ing TV went off.....
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                X