• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What time do you go to bed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<Yawn, stretch>
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Never really before 11pm, unless real pooped, home or away. Mostly, like Space, when away get into bed sometime around 11pm and watch a tulipty american tv series before pootling off. Always up by 6 home or away as at home I have children whom for them, 6am is a fine time to be awake, and away, I miss being woken by the children at 6am so wake for it anyway...

Comment

Usually about 10.30pm.
        Quite often suffer insomnia as well though (this seems to be a problem for many people on here).
        Sunday night I got to 2am (usually get up at 4am to drive to clientco) and gave up, got showered and drove down then. Managed an hour in the car when I arrived but nearly fell asleep in body balance at the gym at 6.30. Finally crashed at 9pm last night after watching the latest ep of Fringe.
        Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

About 9:30pm...

Son and heir wakes about 4:30 to 5:30 so it's an early start.

Comment

Wake at 7 when she gets up. Go to bed 12-2 most nights, but straight to sleep.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Aim for 10pm, alarm goes of at 624am.

Second alarm goes off at 654am.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sleep is for wimps.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                  Seriously, what time to you go to bed in order to get up for work - fresh - the following day?

I used to pride myself in never hitting the sack before 1-2 a.m. - and yet still always be in work the next day for 8:00 a.m.

These days, I still do the 8:00 a.m. start, but find I'm getting sleepy by 10:30 p.m., and in bed by 11:00 p.m.

If it carries on like this, I might end up sleeping at my desk, like my outsourced Indian friend who the Bank has (un)kindly placed at the desk next to mine.

Just curious.
                  Used to be the same now find myself falling asleep on the sofa at 10pm. I think its getting older.
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Sleep is for wimps.
                    I have never seen you in the Insomnia Club!

I have a terrible sleep pattern when on the bench, usually its not till 2-3 in the morning before I think about getting tired.

First day back on a contract and I can certain of z'ding away ay about 12:30-1:00am and up at about 6:30-7:00.
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                      I have never seen you in the Insomnia Club!
                      That's because you don't talk about Insomnia Club.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X