• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This CUK clique thing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    But this is what I don't get - MF and Old Greg give each other continual grief - how can they be a clique? I'd say they appear to hate each other, but I don't think either of them take it seriously - I hope not.

If a poster attracts neg rep from > 1 person, it could indeed indicate 'ganging up', or it could just be that the poster is deliberately (or accidentally) posting stuff that annoys most people, i.e. being a bit of a knob.
    I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Especially if I'd doused him in petrol first and set light to him.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So you like Old Greg. But not enough to piss on him.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire. Especially if I'd doused him in petrol first and set light to him.
        Is there anyone on here you don't actually hate?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          People follow MF!
          Only when they get lost.

HTH

Comment

But this is what I don't get - MF and Old Greg give each other continual grief - how can they be a clique? I'd say they appear to hate each other, but I don't think either of them take it seriously - I hope not.
            Old Greg was on my list. I have tried multiple times to bury the hatchet with him (as I did with others a while back) to no avail, oh well, I can't force them to be reasonable or grow up.

Everybody's list varies. MF is on everyones of course (no he doesnt get a prize for that), ATW on most, etc etc and so on and so forth. I have seen other rep lists apart from my own where three or four members rep has identical comments from different prominent members. I wouldnt want to discuss that further as private discussions or veiwpoints of other people on here, are private and not for me to disclose.

It's something you cant really appreciate unless you're the "steerage" members of CUK.

If a poster attracts neg rep from > 1 person, it could indeed indicate 'ganging up', or it could just be that the poster is deliberately (or accidentally) posting stuff that annoys most people, i.e. being a bit of a knob.
            I agree, let's say (sorry BP, but this thread sprang to mind) the "sexting" thread. That could have annoyed quite a few people and incited neg feedback, I dont know, I havent asked BP?

But what happens a lot in repping, is where some members bombard others with rep which has nothing to do with a viewpoint offered. They will just click on any post, like one in the counting thread and neg it, then move on with their repping, trying to come full circle ASAP.

Anyway, kudos to you KP as I said in another thread earlier that I think your idea is the best. Scrap neg feedback and have LIKE buttons instead so posters know what sort of advice is appreciated. It will stop this silly neg war and then hopefully some pastier CUK members will be able to get enough time to get out in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
              Funnily enough, there is only one CUK member in that group that commonly gets referenced by some when discussing 'the clique' and it probably isnt the one most people would think.
              Shat it you monkey!
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                Shat it you monkey!

You're not even in the clique group BP posted a link to ...

Comment

I agree, let's say (sorry BP, but this thread sprang to mind) the "sexting" thread. That could have annoyed quite a few people and incited neg feedback, I dont know, I havent asked BP?
                  I received no neg rep for that thread - from NLUK or otherwise. In the end NLUK and myself discussed it via PM like adults (a rareity for cuk I know) and came to agreement. I understand that my actions could be misinterpretted - but I was not trolling. I just could not understand why the Telegraph would take such a stupid stance.

Comment

You're not even in the clique group BP posted a link to ...
                    She smells!

Comment

So you like Old Greg. But not enough to piss on him.
                      That's not what I've heard.

Comment

Working...
                      X