• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

boat race

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Why should he? It's a boat race between a couple of universities. It doesn't matter in the slightest.
    Precisely.

When was the last time anyone on this forum took a student protest seriously?

One could argue from the sportsman's point of view that the Boat Race is a complete waste of time and money.

After all the training and effort that goes into it, they break the teams up after the event.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Meh it's hardly the Devises to Westminster race, win that and I'd be more impressed

But then thats 125 miles, so obviously a walk in the park compared to the boat race
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Meh it's hardly the Devises to Westminster race, win that and I'd be more impressed

But then thats 125 miles, so obviously a walk in the park compared to the boat race
        They are two very different events.

That's like saying you'd be more impressed with Usain Bolt if he was a marathon runner instead of a sprinter.

Or more impressed with Kevin Pieterson if he was a bowler instead of a batsman.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          They are two very different events.

That's like saying you'd be more impressed with Usain Bolt if he was a marathon runner instead of a sprinter.

Or more impressed with Kevin Pieterson if he was a bowler instead of a batsman.
          Originally posted by amcdonald View Post

Completely different sports; more like saying you'd be more impressed with Usain Bolt if he won the Tour de France...

That said I am just watching the Devizes to Westminster kayakers going through Staines right now and they look pretty tired! It is a hell of an achievement to even do it; more power to your paddles boys and girls!

Comment

Working...
          X