• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No way to run a project.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=d000hg;1520502]That's what I'm doing too but I don't think it's the norm.
    Is "my wife's plan c" code for boob enlargement?

Phone them and ask how they have the authority to make this call?[/QUOTE]

US based. Anyway, I'd preempted this & so have a back up. Will finish up now. The director I work for is on vacation until Tuesday. I've also heard there is about to be a big re-org(so that's his boss gone), so I'm going to head home with my('their') laptop and stick it on Ebay if it's not sorted when I'm on vacation next week.

Best quote from Mrs MF(who has no clue). 'Oh, if you've been terminated that means you have time & we can bring the wedding forward'
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That's what I'm doing too but I don't think it's the norm.

Phone them and ask how they have the authority to make this call?
      Sadly not its a consumer facing website.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Dear MF
        The ticking bomb project has not yet been approved for funding so please treat this email as a contract termination notice.
        Thanks for your efforts till date,
        Some idiot in the PMO Office.

This persons a little clueless. I don't actually work for their PMO office and so subsequently they cannot terminate my contract. .

Mmm. Shall I just feck off now or stick the day out?
        Worldwide reorganisation call just kicked off.

Ah! 'Some idiot in the PMO Office' has just replaced my bosses boss and is now 'Some idiot in the US who I've never met & doesn't know who I am who has just terminated my contract'

Balls.

Comment

Ah! 'Some idiot in the PMO Office' has just replaced my bosses boss and is now 'Some idiot in the US who I've never met & doesn't know who I am who has just terminated my contract'

Balls.
          Come sit on the bench next to me soft lad.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Come sit on the bench next to me soft lad.
            Well budge up then fatty, it won't take both of us in the middle.

Comment

Well budge up then fatty, it won't take both of us in the middle.
              I have shuffled two whole cheeks to the left. Might I suggest you shake the dust off your sandals as you leave. Sounds like you got out just in time. And just in time for easter

Chin up you old scrote.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Balls.
                Kismet.

Comment

[QUOTE=MarillionFan;1520506]
                  Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  That's what I'm doing too but I don't think it's the norm.

Phone them and ask how they have the authority to make this call?[/QUOTE]

US based. Anyway, I'd preempted this & so have a back up. Will finish up now. The director I work for is on vacation until Tuesday. I've also heard there is about to be a big re-org(so that's his boss gone), so I'm going to head home with my('their') laptop and stick it on Ebay if it's not sorted when I'm on vacation next week.

Best quote from Mrs MF(who has no clue). 'Oh, if you've been terminated that means you have time & we can bring the wedding forward'
                  Just gets better. I've now packed my desk & left.

Get a phone call from the director I work(who's on vacation) for re: the email I forwarded him. He starts my telling me it's bang out of order, then says, who does she think she is. He then says he's tryed ringing his boss in the US and sent him an email. I then have to ask him if he attended the special call at 1pm, to which he hadn't. I then point out that his boss has been fired and the 'who does she think she is' is his new boss. Stunned silence, followed with 'F**k!! My job?. Er. I'll come back to you next week'.

Shakes head in disbelief.

Comment

Dear MF
                    The ticking bomb project has not yet been approved for funding so please treat this email as a contract termination notice.
                    Thanks for your efforts till date,
                    Some idiot in the PMO Office.

This persons a little clueless. I don't actually work for their PMO office and so subsequently they cannot terminate my contract. .

Mmm. Shall I just feck off now or stick the day out?
                    Try not to punch anybody on your way out...

Comment

[QUOTE=MarillionFan;1520797]

Just gets better. I've now packed my desk & left.

Get a phone call from the director I work(who's on vacation) for re: the email I forwarded him. He starts my telling me it's bang out of order, then says, who does she think she is. He then says he's tryed ringing his boss in the US and sent him an email. I then have to ask him if he attended the special call at 1pm, to which he hadn't. I then point out that his boss has been fired and the 'who does she think she is' is his new boss. Stunned silence, followed with 'F**k!! My job?. Er. I'll come back to you next week'.

Shakes head in disbelief.
                      Sympathies.

What's PMO stand for?

Just had a good nasty one this aft myself. Delivered some payment reminders to a direct client today by hand, and when the secretary asked who they were destined for and I answered gave a whopping big grimace.

Quite made my day really, for the destinee of my missive is a typical yuppie femaile, double barrelled name, and arrogant.

I had no problem getting the name of the yuppie's boss out of the secretary, and she understood why I was asking
                      Last edited by Sysman; 5 April 2012, 15:11.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X