• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Todays Darwin award goes to....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Decanting petrol in your kitchen while cooking is one of the dumbest things I have ever ever heard. Period.
    You'll hear more if you stick around this place for a few years

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      My thoughts exactly, she didn't look that stupid, I was expecting a council house facelift or or a lady who was increasing our diversity. Bigot I am, or maybe stupidity is truly universal?

I think it counts as an 'Honourable mention'. To qualify for the award you need to remove yourself from the gene pool permanently without progeny.
      Crickey - the Wikipedia page even lists 5 criteria

Darwin Awards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, this counts as an honourable mention

Comment

I nominate anyone who participated in panic buying, since when the govt says the country is about to run out of fuel, keeping enough petrol in your car really should be the least of your worries. The fact that nobody started panic buying food shows the average level of IQ in the country.
        "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
          I nominate anyone who participated in panic buying, since when the govt says the country is about to run out of fuel, keeping enough petrol in your car really should be the least of your worries. The fact that nobody started panic buying food shows the average level of IQ in the country.
          You thick ****. Without petrol nobody can travel
          20 miles to their out of town supermarket. Now
          who needs their IQ tested.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Good to see someone in the US was ahead of us :

Slush Pile: Man burned while siphoning gas with

Witnesses said Williamson was trying to siphon gas with an electric leaf blower when a spark from the blower ignited the fire, the report said.

Williamson suffered serious burns to his arms and had to be taken to Tampa General Hospital.

And this one should amuse the congregation :

2010 Darwin Award: Textbook Double Double Darwin

A young couple, driving along Via Dutra, the largest freeway in Brazil with tons of heavy traffic, at 6AM under heavy fog. The couple decided that this was the time to park (for "dating" according to the charming Google translation) and, yes, they parked on the freeway in the right-hand lane, not on the shoulder, the median, or at a gas station. Naturally, given time a cargo truck encountered a "speed bump," instantly killing both -- during the act of procreation -- double-double Darwin Award! (2) people making (2) obviously bad decisions, and natural selection acts at the very moment the two are reproducing. Textbook!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Labour peer Lord Harris called for Francis Maude to resign after the woman suffered 40 per cent burns when she tried to pour petrol into a jug in her kitchen after her daughter's car needed refuelling.
              Lord Harris should not be a Lord. But he deserves to be a typical, self-serving, entitled, self-promoting, bandwaggoning c.unt of the first order.
              If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                Lord Harris should not be a Lord. But he deserves to be a typical, self-serving, entitled, self-promoting, bandwaggoning c.unt of the first order.
                Who did he use to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Who did he use to be?
                  Mr. Harris?
                  Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    My thoughts exactly, she didn't look that stupid, I was expecting a council house facelift or or a lady who was increasing our diversity. Bigoted racist I am, or maybe stupidity is truly universal?

I think it counts as an 'Honourable mention'. To qualify for the award you need to remove yourself from the gene pool permanently without progeny.
                    Tautology maybe, but FTFY
                    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      Decanting petrol in your kitchen while cooking is one of the dumbest things I have ever ever heard. Period.
                      WMFS
                      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Working...
                      X