• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the UK going to recover from this one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    I'm just giving an example of the fundamental change we need. I am not sure what it is but something has got to give sooner or later.
    We just need many many more immigrants, more money printing and much higher house prices and we're all be laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Government job and Taxpayers pay

Just kidding

I should have been clearer. Goes on refundable expenses and it's only 2 days a week in London the rest I usually WFH. some weeks I don't even go to London because the hotel prices go through the roof, Like on fashion week etc
      I heard you tried to book your meetings to coincide to fashion week. And invited Churchy.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        We just need many many more immigrants, more money printing and much higher house prices and we're all be laughing again.
        Oh this is so last year! The future lies in offshoring everything and make the locals work for free at Tesco!
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Was it "all you can eat"?
          Nope. Although perhaps it wasn't that top-end, we weren't still hungry when we left.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            But we're not in recession. We have positive growth.
            Growth paid for by debt that will never be repaid, is not growth at all.

There has been no real growth over the last decade, just borrowing to maintain an unsustainable undeserved life style for Britain as a nation. Borrowing by the public has to be restarted otherwise the political and commercial consequences will be catastrophic. If borrowing does restart then the outcome will still be the same in the long term as yet again it will be a case of having consumption today at the expense of tomorrow. However this will be a problem for another group of politicians to worry about.
            Growth : howitends.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I heard you tried to book your meetings to coincide to fashion week. And invited Churchy.
              You mean the catwalk kid
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
              X