• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you throw litter on the street?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Erm not everyone with morals is a Christian. The New Testament was a sequel, and don't you forget it!
    Ah yes the very moral old testament. Where a group of youngsters taunted a prophet calling him baldy. So the Lord sent a bear from the mountains and mauled 42 of them.

2 Kings 2:23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!"
    2 Kings 2:24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Indeed not everyone with morals is a Christian. But there are almost none in parliament with morals and Christianity would be a good place to start. And this is still nominally a Christian country.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      I blame the IRA. It started after the auhorities removed litter bins in case they got blown up.

I usually try an "Excuse me, you dropped that". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Dunno about smoking debris - don't remember ever picking up my fag butts when I was a smoker (many years ago) but I know my smoking friends do. I guess with smokers being driven out of doors it's more apparent than it used to be when the majority probably ended up in ash trays.
      So what you're saying is, it's Churchills fault for doing a tulip job in Ireland all those years ago.

Glad we have that sorted.

Churchill you are a fooking disgrace.

Next!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Don't have to be a Christian to have morals!

I have very high morals but wouldn't call myself a Christian - or religious for that matter.

Over the past few months I've turned into a right grumpy git!

Tone

Comment

Dad says it gives people jobs.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
            I have very high morals
            Then what the fook are you doing in cuk?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Ah yes the very moral old testament. Where a group of youngsters taunted a prophet calling him baldy. So the Lord sent a bear from the mountains and mauled 42 of them.

2 Kings 2:23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!"
              2 Kings 2:24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Indeed not everyone with morals is a Christian. But there are almost none in parliament with morals and Christianity would be a good place to start. And this is still nominally a Christian country.
              The Bible as a moral code is as good a place as any to start. Though its alagorical tales are not to be taken literally.

Also, the late Great JC was a relatively newcomer in the grand scheme of things so I object to the Bible being tied to "Christianity".

However, we could do with a few dozen more bears being sent from on high to teach the youth of today some lessons in respect!
              Last edited by Churchill; 27 March 2012, 07:05.

Comment

Then what the fook are you doing in cuk?

Better than working!

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post
                  Better than working!
                  Well while you are here try to teach the locals a few morals please.

Comment

Bliar was/is a Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      The Bible as a moral code is as good a place as any to start. Though its alagorical tales are not to be taken literally.

Also, the late Great JC was a relatively newcomer in the grand scheme of things so I object to the Bible being tied to "Christianity".

However, we could do with a few dozen more bears being sent from on high to teach the youth of today some lessons in respect!
                      I will stick it in the prayer intention book on Sunday. Along with me usual prayer for all those suffering while posting in cuk and that they may be granted peace (what admin calls a banning).

Comment

Working...
                      X