• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grand Prix

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    He wasn't told to back off, and his off wasn't 30 seconds after he was told to "be careful".
    It was the following lap

And note he never lost control of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      It was the following lap

And note he never lost control of the car.

Those radio messages are broadcast some laps after they occur, so I don't think it was the following lap.

I preferred Coulthard's explanation... in the BBC commentary, he recalled a few years ago when he received a "be careful" message and promptly crashed the car. Not team orders, but his concentration was broken.

That's what I think happened to Perez. He looked very close to the gravel to me and as others have said, he could simply have slowed down. So I'm convinced personally that it was not a manufactured incident.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        We're more like "Dumb and Dumber", me and ShaunyFatBoy

Carry on carrying on.
        Couldn't have put it better myself to be honest gaylord.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Those radio messages are broadcast some laps after they occur, so I don't think it was the following lap.

I preferred Coulthard's explanation... in the BBC commentary, he recalled a few years ago when he received a "be careful" message and promptly crashed the car. Not team orders, but his concentration was broken.

That's what I think happened to Perez. He looked very close to the gravel to me and as others have said, he could simply have slowed down. So I'm convinced personally that it was not a manufactured incident.
          They're actually not broadcast a few laps earlier, they are released by the F1 TV crew, who film the races, as and when they see fit. It adds to the drama. Last year the Felipe Massa/Rob Smedley (aka the Teeside twat) conversation to ruin Hamiltons race was broadcast almost simultaneously to them saying it. As was the infamous 'Nando is faster than you etc', it's to spice up the viewing, the talking about the incident and to keep interest in F1 and, you have to admit, it works.

Otherwise, they send a message out if it's got a bit tedious. Those can be from previous laps.

Don't mistake this for a sport, it's an industry, a really bloody big business, the likes of which man loving ex squaddies and bootneck's can't even attempt to comprehend.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoidyboy View Post
            man loving ex squaddies

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
            X