• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it fooked???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I'm glad you used all right. I've never liked alright.
    Rep on its way.
    lol, I blame it on the CUK spellchecker k2p2, but thank you most kindly!
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
      lol, I blame it on the CUK spellchecker k2p2, but thank you most kindly!
      When I was 8 years old, I had a big argument with a teacher (a right b*tch) who marked 'all right' wrong in a spelling test. I was so upset, my mother dived in and got involved. A letter to the headmaster ensued. He said 'alright' was the correct spelling. I have never got over it. As is now evident.

Comment

When I was 8 years old, I had a big argument with a teacher (a right b*tch) who marked 'all right' wrong in a spelling test. I was so upset, my mother dived in and got involved. A letter to the headmaster ensued. He said 'alright' was the correct spelling. I have never got over it. As is now evident.
        When I was 8/9/10 I used to write stories. I used to
        make my own comic books. Read the dictionary at 10 and created my own 'dictionary' of Greek/Roman Gods etc. Was big into mythology.

When I went to secondary school at 11 a task in English was to write a short story. I created a piece around the Greek gods I knew using words which to be honest an eleven year old shouldn't know. It was handed in and I was accused of copying it from somewhere. I was pulled up in front of the headmaster and again accused
        of plagarism and my mother informed. She couldn't persuade them it was not copied either. I never wrote again. I swapped to maths.

The moral of this story K2P2 is.... I'd so
        kick your arse at scrabble!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          When I was 8/9/10 I used to write stories. I used to
          make my own comic books. Read the dictionary at 10 and created my own 'dictionary' of Greek/Roman Gods etc. Was big into mythology.

When I went to secondary school at 11 a task in English was to write a short story. I created a piece around the Greek gods I knew using words which to be honest an eleven year old shouldn't know. It was handed in and I was accused of copying it from somewhere. I was pulled up in front of the headmaster and again accused
          of plagarism and my mother informed. She couldn't persuade them it was not copied either. I never wrote again. I swapped to maths.

The moral of this story K2P2 is.... I'd so
          kick your arse at scrabble!
          You reckon??? Top scrabble score: 577. Top score today: Just 504.

Teachers can be feckers though. Don't give up writing. It's quite theraputic.

Comment

577! Very good.

According to my IPhone game mine is 615 highest out of 905 games. I did use some hints for that though.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I got accused of being a smart arse in primary 5 cos I knew something the teacher didn't. Learned to play a banjo / guitar / everything, got a degree in a totally unuseable discipline and got good with computers.

Living the dream
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Absolutely. I love blogging, I hate the sh1te the MSM and the BBC overlord with their obvious propaganda, and I love to discuss topics with my fellow CUKers (all praise be to the CUK administrator).

It is therapeutic.

During the dark times of my divorce and multiple scary direct B2B deadlines, it was this board and its fellow posters that kept me sane over the years. So I once again, I thank you all.

Initially I was a process engineer and although technical presence was the prima facie in the business, it was with horror that the sudden realisation of my own lack of vocabulary and ability to convey ideas and solutions was revealed so dramatically when writing technical reports.

I mean, when I was a kid, instead of having a dictionary at hand, I used to guess the meaning of words when I read a book. I was a lazy fecker. This was such a hindrance later on in life, to the point where people used to laugh at my lack of comprehension and hilarious malapropisms.

Over the years I spent a great deal of time reading and learning, despite my youthful arrogance in proclaiming such ridiculous statements as "I'm never going to take any more exams ever in my life".

As a result, I spent decades learning, studying and more learning, including obtaining my pilot's licence, studying for a change of career and other technical qualifications.

Now, as I've said before, I love writing and posting, I spend more time learning new things rather than being stuck in front of the TV vegetating, and I'm embracing new experiences, pushing boundaries and meeting new friends every day.

Carpe diem, although the saying is slightly clichéd nowadays, is actually quite a rewarding way to live ones life.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X