• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't lie on your CV.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Why? You're the fat bastard. He'd be scared stiff you were hungry!
    If it was you, he'd be worried you'd either try to hit him or bum him.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Why? You're the fat bastard. He'd be scared stiff you were hungry!

very good
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Is both acceptable then?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Why would I want to "bum" him?

It's the uniform, isn't it? You fat Geeks like the uniform.

I'm sorry MF but I'm not gay, I'm flattered but I just don't swing that way.

Comment

I would be happy to share a lift with a fat bastard in the event it failed.

Comment

Why would I want to "bum" him?

It's the uniform, isn't it? You fat Geeks like the uniform.

I'm sorry MF but I'm not gay, I'm flattered but I just don't swing that way.
              I love a man in white robes.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Which on reflection may be a bit harsh considering not many birds can hover or take off vertically either.

It turns out that a simple formula relates most winged things, whether they be flapping or fixed, insect or 747:
                0.3 * airDensity * V^2 * surfaceArea = weight (Mg)

Which for a 15 m^2 surface area equates to a horizontal speed of 13 m/s, or 48 km/h. Still fake. I imagine one could stay up for quite a while with a wing of that size once airborne and up to speed though.

http://mitpress.mit.edu/books/chapte...13137chap1.pdf
                There are a number of instances of human powered flight, usually involving professional cyclists in very light aircraft. The current speed record over a 1.5km course is 32km/h, and the distance record is over 100km.

MIT Daedalus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen paragliders and I've seen people lifted off the ground by those power kites before, I reckon he could get airborn on those wings with a bit of a breeze. The flapping seems completely spurious. Just about within the realm of believability IMO, but I wouldn't describe it as human powered.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  There are a number of instances of human powered flight, usually involving professional cyclists in very light aircraft. The current speed record over a 1.5km course is 32km/h, and the distance record is over 100km.
                  32km/h = 8.9 m/s

And plugging in other details (mass = 104kg, surface area = 30 m^2) into the simple formula I gave earlier
                  0.3 * airDensity * V^2 * surfaceArea = weight (Mg):

= 0.3 * 1.25 * v^2 * 30 = 1040, giving a speed v = 9.6 m/s. Close enough.

MIT Daedalus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've seen paragliders and I've seen people lifted off the ground by those power kites before, I reckon he could get airborn on those wings with a bit of a breeze. The flapping seems completely spurious. Just about within the realm of believability IMO, but I wouldn't describe it as human powered.
                  Yeah, flapping might increase or maintain forward speed a little bit, but the couple of tens of Newtons provided by that hoax craft is a bit puny.

Comment

Are all threads now destined to end up whittled down to "you're gay" insults? Can we just have one thread dedicated to all the homosexuals on the site?
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                      Are all threads now destined to end up whittled down to "you're gay" insults? Can we just have one thread dedicated to all the homosexuals on the site?
                      We've put that one to bed. To coin a phrase. Thanks for your input though.

Can we move on now?

Comment

Working...
                      X