• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just threw a major hissy fit in the bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Credit card services are all Indian it seems, at one point I asked to be put through to a UK person, which they did but they then said "I have to put you through to another team" and she then put me through to India again.
    That's what they tell you, but I always, always speak to someone in the UK. Always.

:not worthy:

Comment

There is usually bugger all in my personal accounts I admit, constantly hovering near the zero, most of my money goes straight from business account to investments.

Comment

To be honest, I realise they mess up on occasion but I don't think I have to explain a situation that is fairly simple to 5 bobs for 30 minutes to get it resolved.

I am moving to a bank that will promise onshore call centres, RBS are the first that I have found, I'll look for a couple more then weight up the options.
        This is one of the reasons I have moved to a German speaking bank. No chance whatsoever of getting a Bob on the other end of the phone.

<snigger>there are ways around the problem</snigger>
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Rarely use my credit card but last month was an exception, so a week after item purchase went online and paid the bill.

Then I get a text message, saying my credit card and been stopped as the bill had been not been paid, check my account, see the money had been returned, so I go into the bank and ask what went on, the guy takes me to a desk, makes a call, hands me the phone.

After a 10 minute call going round 4 complete idiots in India, I then got put onto hold for 15 minutes which what I was hoping to avoid by going into the bank in the first place.

Any guesses as to what bank I am talking about?

Problem was that when they sent me a new card I was exected to update the 'pay credit card' bit online with the new number, when I said "well I tried to pay the money in good faith can I think you should refund the charge" they done the "we do not have a procedure for this, put him on hold and answer a new call" number on me.

Ended up closing all my accounts (I doubt they really care) and then having to walk round town looking for a new bank at lunch time.
          So you made a mistake and they took an objection to it?!
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Credit card services are all Indian it seems, at one point I asked to be put through to a UK person, which they did but they then said "I have to put you through to another team" and she then put me through to India again.
            Last time I talked to people at Nationwide about my credit card they had UK accents.

Oh and just because a financial company has UK staff it doesn't stop them being muppets. The UK tricks are different though i.e. where they make up a reason to cut you off.

I should add I've not been cut off by the Nationwide creditcard people though they do love stopping your card if you spend money abroad even if you tell them the country you are in.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If I have any banking problems, I just give my advisor a ring, and she sorts it out. Swiss banking - when you arrange a mortgage or have other dealings, you actually meet face to face and talk about it.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

And another thing that p1ssed me off about them was when you got some large amount flowing through one of your accounts, they were straight on the phone to you perstering to come and meet the manager for a chat.
                I moved 7k into an account the other day and they rung me to say that I was only getting 0.1% on the account it went to and the account could be upgraded at NO COST to 1.8%, not the greatest rate ever but still a 1800% increase on what it was.

Wait til the new tax year and I'm transferring in 27k, what do I get offered then?

Oh for the days when I was clearing nigh on £100 a month in interest.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                  I moved 7k into an account the other day and they rung me to say that I was only getting 0.1% on the account it went to and the account could be upgraded at NO COST to 1.8%, not the greatest rate ever but still a 1800% increase on what it was.
                  That's only a 1700% increase, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    So you made a mistake and they took an objection to it?!
                    I phoned later, to complain, to get my charge & interest back as well getting them to reverse anything they had done to my credit rating.

I was told that the payment should not have gone through as the card I was trying to pay into had expired, pretty simple validation you might think. I should have got a warning and made aware that I had to pay in another way. You would also think that they might update the "pay credit card from current account" option to the new card details or display a message to update your pay card details when you login, you would think they could text you on the last payment day to warn you rather than text you the day after when you are charged for late payment. They must make a good bit of money on this trick.

Really all that stuff I can handle, they have to make money, but I expect a better level of service when going into a bank than to be placed on a call to India and stuck on hold for 10 minutes and that has cost them a pretty healthy business account. I spend enough time dealing with thick Indians while working for a bank, I do not expect to have to do it when I am a customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Wait til the new tax year and I'm transferring in 27k, what do I get offered then?

Oh for the days when I was clearing nigh on £100 a month in interest.
                      You could get 3% on a Santander current account. You're losing out on an extra £84 there son.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X