• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

San Francisco/LA Trip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    I did LA -> Yosemite -> Vegas -> LA in 4 days.
    I did something similar. I wasn't saying it's not possible, I was saying it's a daft idea if you want to spend your time experiencing California rather than travelling. CA is a laid back place.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Alcatraz and Nappa Valley are good fun

San fran is cool Place, can explore the whole city on public transport.

LA you need a car

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I did something similar. I wasn't saying it's not possible, I was saying it's a daft idea if you want to spend your time experiencing California rather than travelling. CA is a laid back place.
        true

it depends what you want. some want to blast, some want to dip the beak and others want to soak it up

who is to say which is right ?. not me

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I went there last summer and agree that fisherman's wharf is a pretty buzzing area.
          Alcatraz was far more interesting than I thought it would be as well. Just over the bridge there is a place called saucelito which is very pretty.
          LA...hmmm. Hated it to be fair. Full of pretentious wannabes and people who think they're just plain gods. Hollywood boulevard was rubbish (nealry missed it to be fair as I was expecting it t be in a nice part of town). Only ventured into town once to take the wife to rodeo drive. Spent the rest of the time in Anaheim at Disney
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Fishermans wharf
            Alcatraz
            Yosemite
            Giant redwoods
            Trip on a tram!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              He's a better itinery for you.

Fly LHR-LAX
              Pick up car at LAX
              Leave the city of LA as soon as possible.
              Drive to Vegas (option of going via Joshua and Mojave national parks are nice).
              Visit Grand Canyon from Vegas
              Visit Hoover Dam from Vegas
              Drive to Yosemite via Death Valley
              Drive to SF
              Spend a few days here
              Go home

LA is a dump, California is a beautiful beautiful state and needs much exploring.
              Yep I did a similar thing a while ago although I went:

1. San Diego (Nice city … very laid back for a US city IMO)
              2. Boozy day trip to Tijuana in Mexico (My younger self appreciated it )
              3. Drove to Joshua Tree National Park and Death Valley (Impressive … makes you cry as the air is so dry)
              4. Drove to Vegas (Needs no introduction really)
              5. Coached it to LA (Spent 2 nights in Hollywood - what a dump AVOID!)
              6. Picked up car from LAX and drove Route 1 up to San Francisco (Recommend this to anyone)
              7. Went on a hippy coach trip from SF round Yosemite national park (Recommend both)

Comment

Yosemite is amazing. I can recommend a lovely B&B if you like.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Yosemite is amazing. I can recommend a lovely B&B if you like.
                  Thanks for all the tips guys. Appreciated.

Comment

Going to do LA up coast to SF then across to Las Vegas. 10 day trip.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                      Going to do LA up coast to SF then across to Las Vegas. 10 day trip.
                      I'm in Vegas early April ....CUK meet up?
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X